RNS510 - Tools needed?

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Would it fit into the slot? The Ibiza radio is a different shape to the RNS 510.

57087578_93b5303222.jpg

main.php

kareemsafwat

A N I M A L
Feb 21, 2008
Egypt
I've already posted a topic for it before since i've seen a link with pics on ebay showing it fitted on 6J ibiza, but i couldn't find a fascia for it.

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Yeah there won't be a fascia for it, but you can get after market fascias that are double din and maybe round off the inner edges to make it fit around the RNS510? As long as the 4 screws line up, I think I may save up and have a go :)

Danny.

kw1984

Nov 14, 2010
Manchester
Sounds like a plan.

What about the bluetooth and USB already in the Ibiza? Would this head unit make use of the existing microphone and USB socket near the cup holders or is that asking for too much?

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Sounds like a plan.

What about the bluetooth and USB already in the Ibiza? Would this head unit make use of the existing microphone and USB socket near the cup holders or is that asking for too much?

I would assume the quadlock connector the Ibiza uses is wired up the same as the Leon, as the MY10 Leons used the same stereo as the Ibiza, and you could get them with bluetooth.
I can't see them being different?

Danny.

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
I think at the weekend, I'm gonna take the plunge and try my RNS310 from my Leon 'which my mum has now' and see if it works, if it does, it's just a case of finding a facia for it :)
Anyone know if I need special tools? Or are they just phillips screws?

Danny.

kw1984

Nov 14, 2010
Manchester
I took my Ibiza radio out the other day to have a look at the space behind.

IMAG0019.jpg

I found pulling the black bezel around the radio really hard and I have broken a tang so now it is slightly loose at 1 corner. If I did get a double din or the VW radio, I wouldn't need that part anyway. You need torx bits as the screw heads are star shaped.

I have been trying to read up on this. I think I saw a thread where someone was putting the RNS510 in a Leon. I'm not sure if 'coding' needed to be done with a VAGCOM or something though.

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
There may just be enough room back there. I know people have fitted the RNS510 to their Leons and had to cut a piece of plastic away. Like I said, if I get time on Saturday, I'll try and take the one out of my Leon and pop it in, I shouldn't think it'll need coding but does anyone know if I'll need the radio codes? If it works, I keep it in the Ibiza and just order the old facia for the Leon which also came with this radio :)

Danny.

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Dont think you will need a code Danny, just coding via VCDS..

Hmmm I'm not too sure it will though? I thought the coding for the Leon was so came up on the MFD properly? The Ibiza's radio isn't linked the MFD in any way I don't think, as you can't get any info on it. The only problem I see is I won't be able to see who's calling via bluetooth as the name comes up on the Ibizas standard radio, whereas the Leon, it's on the MFD.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise