tx autosport intercooler

285cupra-matty

Oct 28, 2010
Harlow
hi guys, need some on help on a fmic, im looking at upin my power and now require a fmic, but i can not justify spending £600 on a forge model, i ave found 1 from a company called tx autosport for £350 with pipes, ebay item number 120663225512

has ne 1 got 1 of these or heard ne thing about them any help much appreciated,

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
I take it you have the Cupra R then, there should be lots of kits on ebay that will do the job. Some peeps with the LC have used the Toyosports kits and they are happy with it. As long as everything is there to do the job then it is a good deal. Someone will come along with alternatives soon...

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
yep tx autosport is a class bit of kit, me and tom love ours.

(sorry tom i got there before you haha)

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
yep tx autosport is a class bit of kit, me and tom love ours.

(sorry tom i got there before you haha)

:roflmao: sam you git.. :lol:

but yep, I sure do love mine too. it's getting properly tested this weekend when the car gets remapped to stage 2. check my thread to see how the car does......

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
fitting is spot on by the way, aswell as the quality. heres mine fitted

img11.jpg

forge fitted :lol:

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
I quite fancy one of these but I don't get the pricing of the kits - how can the ebay kit come to about £350 when you can buy just the cooler on it's own from TX Autosports own website for about £80? Surely the pipes, hoses, hose clamps and the mounting brackets can be sourced easily for less than another £270?

Am sure I saw a list of the pipe and hose lengths and numbers for sourcing these separately, anyone got a link to this?

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
well its the same as the forge kit, there cooler is £148 plus vat, who would pay £400 for the hose kit, ok i know you get the crash bar but lets be honest, you could fit the cooler without the modded crash bar. also the cooler isnt listed on the tx autosport website, it bigger than the ones shown as is a 90mm core.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
yup sam is right, it's 90mm core.. it's all about the depth of this cooler ;)

it's very good for the money, and a good option rather than the forge route. but I'd have loved a forge either way!

Muhammad

I've just fitted my TX autosports intercooler to my LCR. Bumper needed some trimming but the intercooler was dead easy to fit.

I lost my fog lights though and can't see how jiggling the pipework would've got me them back!

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
I've just fitted my TX autosports intercooler to my LCR. Bumper needed some trimming but the intercooler was dead easy to fit.

I lost my fog lights though and can't see how jiggling the pipework would've got me them back!

Apparently it can be done with the fogs, but I can't be bothered tbh. I never used them really and without them there, it means more cold airflow rushing into the bay which can only be a good thing... ;)

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
I see, never spotted that. Still though, even given that all the TX ones sold singly on their website are only 65mm deep there are three sizes, surely it's all about total internal cooling volume rather than depth, specifically?

Muhammad

TBH, I think it's more about exposed surface area and quality of the core, and the pressure drop across the intercooler.

The TX one may not be of the best quality core but it should do a good job for my intended max power outputs (< 300hp).

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
I had to slightly cut the back of the foglight surround, but if you we're to spend a bit more time and fiddle with the angle of the lower boost hoses you could get your fogs in.

There's alot of fins on the intercooler so it should do the job just fine for me. Saturday will prove or not prove this :)

Fogs are pointless when you have decent HID's.

JamJay

California Bound
Thanks Tom. So I am guessing this kit also comes with brackets to secure the FMIC to the OE crash bar?

The fog lamps are a little dulls but do work surprisingly well when used for what they were designed for I've found and besides, I'm all about keeping it OE :).

*cough* Is someone falling back in love with his LCR again *cough* ;)

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Thanks Tom. So I am guessing this kit also comes with brackets to secure the FMIC to the OE crash bar?

The fog lamps are a little dulls but do work surprisingly well when used for what they were designed for I've found and besides, I'm all about keeping it OE :).

*cough* Is someone falling back in love with his LCR again *cough* ;)

Yes indeed mate, brackets all nuts/bolts and fixings are there. I bought the kit thinking 'ok it's not a Forge so I might have to do some modifying with the pipework route etc' but it wasn't as bad as I thought. The Forge would be easier to fit, no question imo.

I didn't spend enough time adjusting the lower pipework, so couldn't 100% say that the fogs will still remain and you can keep your OE look guaranteed! I took a slight risk and lost the fogs as it went on easier without them re-fitted. One of those things I guess..

I can only now think of more airflow due to lack of fogs, and that if I still had them in, the glow would look yellow and dated compared to the hid+LED sides setup I'm running in the headlights.

If I wanted 100% OE look now I'd spent a bit more and get the Forge to be safe..

I've been really pleased with the TX's performance though and it's just now a matter of seeing how it copes with the higher boost of stage 2. :)

I fell in love with mine again over the weekend! Only takes a clean, a small rear washer fix and a polished charge pipe :whistle: