Alloy paint

wizard101sco

Afternoon All,

I'm searching for yellow paint for alloy wheels. I've got black alloys with a yellow strip running around it (Apparently call a coachstrip)

They came with the yellow rim however need to give them some tlc and would rather try myself before spending aroun £250 for someone else to do it.

Anyone know where I can get some or what I can use as alternative alloy paint.
I can only seem to find black or silver.

Cheers in advance :)

Klone

Aug 24, 2010
Clacton On Sea
as far as i was aware... you can paint alloys with normal paint that you would do bodywork in.

My bmw's wheels were painted in mercedes silver... and i have done a few friends in ford purple... so as long as the prep and primer/keying is ok... youll be good to go.

make sure you laquer afterwards matey...

mrdavies

Jan 20, 2011
Manchester
could anyone explain how to do this ? i have silver standard alloys and they are old and i would love them black to go with my red leon , what items do i need and in what stages?

walkersky

could anyone explain how to do this ? i have silver standard alloys and they are old and i would love them black to go with my red leon , what items do i need and in what stages?

if you have to ask that then i'd suggest getting a pro to do them

TDi Ben

Oct 9, 2010
I'm gonna be having a go at mine when I've moved as will have a nice big garage lol. Have a platinum grey car and thinking about black wheels but I did see a car the other day with lime green wheels and that got me thinking lol. Does anyone know if glow in the dark alloys are legal? Lol

jordyboy004

Leon Cupra 1.8t 20v
Apr 4, 2008
Isle Of Wight
Does anyone know if glow in the dark alloys are legal? Lol

lol quality. :lol:.

stages i done mine in were
1 de grease wheels
2 scotch the wheels untill nicely keyed up. takes a while but the longer the better
3 de grease them again
4 primer
5 paint, few coats
6 laquer, few coats

i done mine a few summers ago so took advantage of the sun and left them to "bake" for a couple days. if not a warm room with the rad on will prob be ok. you need them to set before putting them on or stones etc. will eat away at the paint.

TDi Ben

Oct 9, 2010
You think I could be on to something jordy?! Lol or just on something ha ha

jordyboy004

Leon Cupra 1.8t 20v
Apr 4, 2008
Isle Of Wight
Must of been on summit to think of it but def on to something. Would def be the first car iv seen with glow in the dark wheels. Why not go all out and have a glow in the dark car lol