Daves MK4 Ibiza FR 1.9TDI With A 1000W Focal Sound System (Work in progress....)

DSP

Aug 25, 2010
Hull
* My little FR has now been sold, if you would like any of the sound system build drop me a PM *

Well i have posted a few topics and that on here and have had some good advice and help so thought it was about time to show off my car :)

Its pretty standard at the moment but its how i like it... my main mod im working on at the moment is my sound system.

I upgraded to this car from a 1.2 16v Clio and i must say i love it! Since i saw the Ibiza FR i just fell in love with it, its rather nippy and if u want you can get good fuel economy from it which is another plus!

Specs are quite standard: 130BHP, 17" Alloy Wheels, 57 Plate ect

Here are some pictures:

Just had a clean:

MyIbizaFR.jpg

Side View:

IMAG0156.jpg

When it snowed:

IMAG0038.jpg

Mods i would like:

# Lightly smoked rear tinted windows
# Polo rear wiper conversion

Mods so far:

# Replaced OEM head unit with a Pioneer MVH-8200BT
# SEAT metal dust caps
# Custom A Pillar tweeter Installs
# Custom Boot Install
# Full Focal Sound system

Last edited:

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Looks tidy mate!! Get yourself some gloss black mirror covers, i think it looks a lot better against the red!

Jimski

DSP

Aug 25, 2010
Hull
I agree red & black go together nicely i will no doubt end up doing it once i have my sound system out the way :)

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Think they are pretty cheap too mate, SEAT sell them already painted for the Cupra, speak to Dave@SERE (forum sponsor) or just search as im sure he's priced them recently.

Jimski

DSP

Aug 25, 2010
Hull
Update:

here is the start of my sound system install...

The Headunit with stalk controls all wired in too :)

Pioneer DEH-7300BT

PioneerHeadUnit.jpg

Also just ordered my Front Focals & Amp too so will get a pic up when they are done :)

Last edited:

DSP

Aug 25, 2010
Hull
Thats what i said.....a month...:whistle:

Jimski

Haha yeah i hope they dont but i remember when i was in school a craze went about who get get the most metal dust caps lmao! -until the police got involved

DSP

Aug 25, 2010
Hull
Update again.... I have just got the Speakers + Amp for the second part of my Sound System :D

Speakers: Focal 165 KRXS 2 Way Components

IMAG0201.jpg

Amp: Focal FPS-2160 2 Channel Amp:

IMAG0200.jpg

More pics to come when the install comes :)

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Looks good :) Lowering is a must :p

I'm sure the black mirror covers are about £20 delivered from Sere. Think I might get some soon!

£19 :p

Mick, i would keep the silver mirror covers on your car, they contrast nicely with the black paintwork. They don't look good on white imo so i changed them for gloss black

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
£19 :p

Mick, i would keep the silver mirror covers on your car, they contrast nicely with the black paintwork. They don't look good on white imo so i changed them for gloss black

There you go, cheaper than I thought! :p

I would mate, but some :censored: wacked my mirror the opposite way (towards the front) and its cracked the bottom of the casing :(

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
There you go, cheaper than I thought! :p

I would mate, but some :censored: wacked my mirror the opposite way (towards the front) and its cracked the bottom of the casing :(

surely the silver ones are the same price? I hate careless people!

DSP

Aug 25, 2010
Hull
Update again guys

Fronts are in and the amp, just waiting for the pillar builds to be finished :) some pics...

200AMP Fuse

IMAG0237.jpg

Dynamat + Speakers in the doors:

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

TN53K inverted dome tweeter (Temp till i get my pillars done)

IMAG0239.jpg

Pillars ready to be covered:

IMAG0293.jpg

IMAG0292.jpg

FPS 2160 Connections:

IMAG0238.jpg

Will update again soon and will have a video up too when i get my pillars done :)

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.