Will MK4 coilovers fit a MK5?

Tom Newton

I like the tuna here
Jan 4, 2009
South Wales
cant see coilovers wouldnt mate, the top mounts are totally different, ive had a 9n3 polo which is the same as a mk4 ibiza top mount looks like this

6N0412331E.JPG

there are 4 wholes where the mount attaches, one big one in the middle and 3 others on the big top mount

where as the mk5 ibiza and polo 6r is like this, just one big attachment point in the middle

5540916267_aa0e2dd879_z.jpg

the whole design of the top of the spring that attaches to the car is totally different

Elliot29

Apr 25, 2010
Yer your right Tom :) Techie has just confirmed for me, front top mounts are different :(

Gedz 55

Jul 26, 2008
Lincoln
I have mk4 coiloversd on my mk5, fitted no problem wats so ever :) all ya need to do is put the standard rubber mount onto the top of the new coilover, fits like a glove,

hope this has helped :)

May 31, 2011
Essex
Yeh i did this on my coilovers. used the original top mount on the TA-Technixs :) now riding no helpers and cut bompstops and still sitting on them pretty much :)

so they will defo work then as i can get a set that were on a car for 6 months for £75 lol so may buy them and sell my apex springs

May 31, 2011
Essex
change of plan now person on ebay being a muppet he was offered £115 posted for them and he had them up for £40 postage so i said i would pay the same £75 for them and collect as only half hours drive away and he put no way to low?? buy it now was £95 so said he best be careful as person who offered £115 wont be happy if costs £15 to post and not £40 as they will pay more than original price.

back to sticking with my 35mm apex springs it is then lol

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise