MkII interior LED upgrade - definitive working solution please?!

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
After meaning to get round to this smart mini mod for ages I'm pulling my finger out.

I want to replace the 2 spot / map lights, the main front interior (lights on opening door), the two rear bulbs (illuminate when opening door)

I want crisp, bright white light with no residual glow when they're meant to be turned off.

Any advice appreciated!

Mike

b9rgo1234

Oct 18, 2008
I fitted 3 standard led festoon bulbs, and 2 canbus leds (same as you would use for the sidelights) in the 2 map lights.
No glow ;)

andyccr

FR CR
Jul 19, 2002
Essex
I tried loads of led bulbs, both canbus and not. The ultimate solution is to put a cool White / ice White normal bulb in the front centre light cluster. This means that the light clusters show enough resistance for the Led ones to work properly and not flash and do all sorts of funny things! I've been running it like thus for about 4 months now.

LeonFR07DSG

Aug 15, 2008
Hertfordshire
Done this on mine. If you search you may be able to find the thread on it where i am asking a dude exactly what bulbs i needed. Looks good to be honest when done... just be careful to put them in the correct way round otherwise u will blow a fuse like i did :whistle:

Matt22

Mar 7, 2011
im interested in this too.... but £20?

my last attempt ended up with them glowing all the time and eventually they just stopped working.... i guess they melted or something

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
I started this thread for advice to try not to waste money on LEDs like you say but ended up being inpatient and plunging for the ones in the link above so will update when they arrive

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.