Exhaust/emission warning light

sgb27

Yesterday the orange engine-shaped warning light came on - hooked up my BlueFin and it tells me the fault codes are P1305 and P3111. Tried to look up what they meant but couldn't find anything useful. Should I just clear them with the BlueFin or might something be actually wrong?

BTW I filled up at a Sainsburys I never used before, drove 1 mile home, then the next morning the light was on as soon as I started the engine. Never seen it before. Will the light go off if whatever was wrong sorts itself out? I'm thinking I might just wait until empty and then refill at Shell to see if that fixes it?

This is a 57 plate TFSI FR with about 16k miles on the clock, been BlueFin'd for about a year now.

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
P1305 - Igniter Circuit ?

Clear them, if it is a fault it will come back again, could be a glitch?

But tell us more info?

What is the problem? Starting up? Driving? Idling?

Should be much of a problem it just been remapped and bluefin is quite mild compared to other remaps.

sgb27

No problems at all apart from the light - it stayed on continuously after I started the engine from cold yesterday morning, now it's on every time I drive the car.

I'll clear it later then and see if it comes back on again.

sgb27

OK so after clearing them it's come back on twice now, and both times now it's P2540 which is "Low Pressure Fuel System Sensor Circuit Range/Performance" according to Google. Just went for its MOT and even though I'd cleared the light they found it somehow as it's listed under the advisory items.

Can't notice any issue at all with the performance of the car, no fuel cuts or anything. Should I take it to the dealer next time the light comes on, or is there some other stuff I can check? I read the sticky about fuel pump issues, could it be related to that?

sgb27

Turned out to be the fuel pressure sensor, the one you screw in to the fuel pump. Dealer wanted to keep the car for 3 days to "diagnose the problem" which I knew was going to cost $$$ so I replaced it on the off-chance it would fix the problem. And it did!

vialli69

Jun 21, 2015
HI there, can you give me the part number please have the same fault,

Cheers

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.