N249 bypass with stock dv

jamie982

Mar 21, 2012
somerset
Iv been reading about the n249 bypass and like the sound of this cheap and easy mod but iv got the standard Bosch DV fitted, would it make any difference or would I need another DV like a forge 007? Iv got a 2003 cupra 180 is this the auq engine I'm not sure?
Cheers Jamie 

graham1990

May 14, 2011
Andover
im not positive but i dont think it would make a difference which dv you have fitted bypassing the n249 valve would have the same effect no matter what dv you have just the bosch one wont be as loud and as for the engine code the only way to be certain is take the engine case off and it will be stamped on the lower left corner of the engine just above the injector rail and to the left a little bit. hope this helps :)

dawson86

Jun 23, 2010
bury st edmunds
i run the n249 bypass with stock DV and it sounds lush, no problems at all, i got the 180 AUQ too i can email ya some pix if ya like? just let me know

jamie982

Mar 21, 2012
somerset
Top job fella!!!!!! Took me 10mins and is a great little mod!! I'm from Yorkshire but I'm down in Somerset most the time as I'm in the navy.

dawson86

Jun 23, 2010
bury st edmunds
right ppl keep askin so here it is, this is the quick guide on n249 bypass for AUQ engine!

1. Remove the vacuum hose between the Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR) and the underside of the intake manifold.

2. Use 4mm silicone vacuum hose and go direct from newly freed Vac port on intake manifold to top of DV.

3. Put a 6mm BRASS T-piece in the new hose parallel to the FPR and run another length of hose to the FPR vacuum port.

4. Cable Tie the new vac hose wherever it connects to something else.

5. Remove the Vacuum resevoir (Ugly black plastic thing directly over the No.4 cylinder coil pack). The hose going into it simply pulls off.

6. Plug the Vac Resevoir hose with a bolt and clamp it in there with a worm drive or jubilee clip. Do the same with the hose that used to be connected to the top of the Dump valve.

n249bypass.jpg

[/IMG]
16022012865.jpg
[/IMG]
thanx to cupra ross for the write up at the top,

Last edited:

kaspa_dtz

May 21, 2011
I thought it was more involved than that...... resistors etc thanks dawson :thumbup: got your inbox msgs to.

kaspa_dtz

May 21, 2011
so what would be the difference if you stripped the n249 or just do it the way dawsons pics are??

james_cupra

Nov 25, 2011
South Ayrshire, Scotland
how would this bypass work with my boost guage? as the hose from that runs to my FPR. is it a case of running another t piece to for the boost guage or can i run a hose from under the manifold up to the dv?

cheers, james

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.