Weird Smell and Water Leak!

Manny

2016 Leon FR 2.0 TDI
Nov 27, 2010
Hey guys!

So ive been in london for work training and i was using the car earlier and theres been a really horrible smell. I noticed the passanger rear floor was all wet and i think thats where the smell is comming from..

Any idea's on what this could be? :(

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
Perhaps they dropped it back then and now it's starting to whiff. Can't think of any pipes that go back that way apart from the rear washer piping maybe??

Last edited:

Manny

2016 Leon FR 2.0 TDI
Nov 27, 2010
Perhaps they dropped it back then and now it's starting to whiff. Can't think of any pipes that go back that way apart from the rear washer piping maybe??

Well, if someone had spilt something they would of said.. and im pretty sure no ones had a drink in the car in over a week or so.. but the floor was still wet :blink:

Manny

2016 Leon FR 2.0 TDI
Nov 27, 2010
In my view, it smells kind of like sweat, But with a vinegary smell too

Its very odd :S

Manny

2016 Leon FR 2.0 TDI
Nov 27, 2010
Blimey. Not left a window down and had some $hitbag chuck something in?

Its been fully closed and locked up in the hotel car park, and ive been keeping an eye on it from my room..

I dnt knw what it is :(

vanviesko

Damp! In my old golf I had a hairline crack in the taillight, I thought nothing much of it and to be honest had more important things on my plate than forking out for a new light. Anyways, within a week or 2 of seeing the crack, I started noticing a funky smell coming from the car each time I entered it. Eventually after looking all over the car for dropped food or a spill I had a look in the boot and low and behold the thing was flooded! Rain water had came through the crack and collected in the spare wheel compartment. I had no idea fresh rain water could smell this bad after such a short time and not to mention the bacteria build up on the spare wheel. It sounds to me like you have the same problem :( 1st step is finding the cause of the leak and 2nd step is eliminating it! Good luck