Help with Error Code P0441

birchy2010

Oct 22, 2012
Hi Guys,

Had an issue with my 07 cupra on the weekend, Got the EML and had it read yesterday,

Came back as P0441 which is Evaporation control incorrect flow detected, I've done a quick google and got a bit confused. I've had the light reset and its not come back on but can anyone shed some light on what I should check for this?

Thanks!

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
This seems to be common.

I struggled with this until I got a new N80 valve from Dave at SERE and replaced it.
Code came back once soon after I replaced it, but then never again.

JP6

Aug 18, 2012
West Sussex
Thanks mate, How often do you have the light come back on? Mines not re-appeared yet.

It comes back about a week after re-stting it for me, maybe a bit sooner now. Looking at the frequency count on the Vagcom, it has happened about 40 times now! (Probably happened with the previous owner too, I haven't reset it that many times) I'm sure it's lowered my MPG too recently.

This seems to be common.

I struggled with this until I got a new N80 valve from Dave at SERE and replaced it.
Code came back once soon after I replaced it, but then never again.

This is what I've heard too, I've got a quote of £22.50 from Dave today so will order one and see if it fixes it. Is it easy to replace yourself??

Last edited:

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Dead easy to replace. It's all very easy to reach. The clips are hard work, but that's what they're made for. Just break the clips and replace them with new ones. Little jubilees will do fine as well as the tubes fit really tight onto the N80 anyway.

birchy2010

Oct 22, 2012
Oh ok, might be something I need to look into then, especially as the part doesn't cost much! Might be been a bit thick but who is Dave at SERE?

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Oh ok, might be something I need to look into then, especially as the part doesn't cost much! Might be been a bit thick but who is Dave at SERE?

Definitely worth a look.

Dave is only one of the best people on this forum from the UK SEAT dealer of the year ;)

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=249

Drop a thread in here or drop him a PM.
Very good prices and quick delivery, along with great service.

JP6

Aug 18, 2012
West Sussex
Well I replaced the N80 today, emissions light was still on after I swapped it so I reset that, straight away my MPG is noticeably better and possibly performance too (may be placebo, but it felt more responsive??) Time will tell whether its cured the error though.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Well I replaced the N80 today, emissions light was still on after I swapped it so I reset that, straight away my MPG is noticeably better and possibly performance too (may be placebo, but it felt more responsive??) Time will tell whether its cured the error though.

That's what I noticed as well. Like you I had to reset the code, but that's normal.
Didn't feel it be more responsive from what I can remember though. But MPG definitely better.
Hopefully that will sort it

JP6

Aug 18, 2012
West Sussex
Hopefully!

Those hose clips were really difficult to remove like you said, replaced them with jubilees.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Hopefully!

Those hose clips were really difficult to remove like you said, replaced them with jubilees.

Oh yeah there was a lot of f-ing and blinding. But once I stopped trying to be nice to the clips and they got manhandled off...all good

GREG_R84

Keep right on
Oct 3, 2007
Tamworth
P0441 came up on my liquid gauge a few months back, but no EML light. I changed the charcoal canister, reset the code and have had no problems since

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
P0441 came up on my liquid gauge a few months back, but no EML light. I changed the charcoal canister, reset the code and have had no problems since

Charcoal canister was going to be my next port of call if the N80 replacement didn't solve the problem.
Luckily I never had to go down that route. Which is good because from what I remember it's a lot harder to change than the N80

JP6

Aug 18, 2012
West Sussex
Like came back this morning!! Looks like I'll have to try the canister next.

When I run the EVAP test with VCDS, it fails every time at 66% saying 'EVAP NOT OK' or similar. Anyone else had this??

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Like came back this morning!! Looks like I'll have to try the canister next.

When I run the EVAP test with VCDS, it fails every time at 66% saying 'EVAP NOT OK' or similar. Anyone else had this??

Unlucky! Hopefully the carbon filter replacement will do the trick.
Mind, my light came back once as well. I cleared it, went for a blast and never saw it again.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members