Badger5

Go Back   SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum » Announcements, FAQs & Rules » ** FORUM RULES & FAQ - Please Read ** » Comments, Suggestions and Announcements

Comments, Suggestions and Announcements Got something to say about SEATCupra.net? Want to suggest a feature for the site, or even spotted an error? Let us know in here.

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 23:12   #1
gavalar

Parts?

Just a quick one but why is there not a parts or sale section?

Old 02-02-2013, 23:18   #2
m0rk
sarcasm comes free

m0rk has 100 pointsm0rk has 100 points
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=330084

Sticky in this section
Old 02-02-2013, 23:42   #3
gavalar

Cheers bud, and sorry couldnt find this I did search can someone delete my thread please

Old 08-02-2013, 23:47   #4
BoostHard
Complete Plonker

BoostHard has 10 points
Seems a shame but I can understand the reasoning behind it.
Old 13-02-2013, 01:18   #5
MJ
Public transport abuser

MJ has 90 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by mar_k View Post
Seems a shame but I can understand the reasoning behind it.
The sales section caused the admin team a lot of unnessary problems and people assumed that because they had bought or sold something which was advertised on this site, for free that the admin had an obligation to solve their issues.

oppertunism, ignorance and stupidity played a large part in it.

There's a pretty good site here for buying and selling stuff:

Surprise!
Old 13-02-2013, 01:38   #6
B3NZARMY
Bananarama

B3NZARMY has 10 points
Its a shame as the old forum i used would ban anyone that went above the rules id like to See parts bought back here as everyone is in need, I know the mods have had a hard time and to be honest its probably in there best interest as of reading alot about this but it really would be good too see it happen as every one needs another chance i need parts.
it doesn't take much to make a paid section to sell parts and ban people who doesn't comply to the rules.

Last edited by B3NZARMY; 13-02-2013 at 01:39.
Old 14-02-2013, 09:39   #7
Brummy
Nazi Moderator-Bot

Brummy has 60 points
You obviously havent read as much as you say you have then.

The forum ethos is NOT to charge ANY sort of membership fee... AT ALL (be that for selling or otherwise).
As said eleventy million times already, the Admin team discussed this in length, and even took it to the open forum before closing the Parts Sales/Wanteds area. There was NO obvious solution to the issue, and the decision was made to close the section, and its remained closed since. Now although we get these type of threads every so often, its a damn site easier dealing with these than trying to help out people that have been *mugged off* by another forum user (and before its 'said' yet again, i also know we could put Disclaimers all over, but im sure even the majority of folk that use the forum would *try to help* if someone got mugged off, no??..I know the Admin team dont have to help, but thats exactly why the admin/mods do what they do.. TO HELP. None of the Admin team WANT this , but its a means to an end.

* In short, the sales area Remains Closed

Cheers,

John

My (old) Ibiza R.R. thread / The MkII Golf R.R thread
Closed Thread