Leon FR184 with 2014 body kit

MikeShaw100

Leon FR - White Lightning
Aug 7, 2007
Wakefield
Hi all

I joined the forum six years and seven months ago, when I bought into Seat with the Leon FR below. It's served me well and still really enjoy driving it every day, but it's time for me to get with the times.

ja5ymugy.jpg

I was not a fan of the MK3, and grumbled as such on this forum, but over time it had really grown on me. The shear value for money, car of the year reviews and the new 2014 kit have conspired against me and my new car arrives next week.

It's the FR184 in white with tech and titanium packs, and all the kit elements except the poor front bumper. Can't wait to see the kit up close and will post pics.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

MikeShaw100

Aug 7, 2007
Wakefield
Well, it's here.

It was in the showroom when we picked it this morning, attracting lots of attention.

Same on the way home. It's amazing with the kit. Now for fun times!

a7aqy9uj.jpg
vu8e4ezy.jpg
ba5e4e3e.jpg

Last edited:

134nk5

Aug 21, 2007
Does the sound of the exhaust differ much from the standard ?

Did you choose candy or Nevada white ?

Last edited:

Quarien

Could you measure the distance between ground and your rear bumper? That would be awesome.
I just want to compare it to the stock one.

MikeShaw100

Aug 7, 2007
Wakefield
Its the candy white and I am not sure if it sounds any different with new exhaust. Sounds great in sport mode!

It's the first one to go through my dealer with the kit and all the sales team say it looks great. So much so that they are changing showroom stock Cupra bumpers for this one.

Cheers for the feedback.

I will check bumper distance tomorrow.

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Stunning mate. That really sets the rear off. I sometimes think the big black bit on the FR rear bumper actually looks more poverty spec than the SE.

Last edited:

Quarien

@MikeShaw100
Thanks! You're the best.
The clearance compared to the stock is roughly the same. Depends on how you measure it. So I'm going to order my asap :D

ollie86rn

Hey, motor looks great with the kit on been looking at buying a new Leon but only with the kit, as you say the black strip on the fr I think makes it look worse. Few questions for you though, is the twin exhaust stainless steel? Also what's your opinion with the roof spoiler, from some photos I have seen (not yours) you can still see the old spoiler sat beneath it either poor fitment or design?

MikeShaw100

Aug 7, 2007
Wakefield
Hey, motor looks great with the kit on been looking at buying a new Leon but only with the kit, as you say the black strip on the fr I think makes it look worse. Few questions for you though, is the twin exhaust stainless steel? Also what's your opinion with the roof spoiler, from some photos I have seen (not yours) you can still see the old spoiler sat beneath it either poor fitment or design?

I think the spoiler looks fine, though close up you can see that it's added, though less obvious than the early MK2 spoilers.

As for exhaust, no idea but you would like to think so for the cost.

Note that as car was new, I ensured dealer gave me the removed fr exhaust and bumper. Will be posting these for sale shortly.

I have taken a couple more pics which may help. Cheers.
uva2eqyn.jpg
7azu4aja.jpg
vezy3azy.jpg
re9uja5e.jpg

ollie86rn

I think the spoiler looks fine, though close up you can see that it's added, though less obvious than the early MK2 spoilers.

As for exhaust, no idea but you would like to think so for the cost.

Note that as car was new, I ensured dealer gave me the removed fr exhaust and bumper. Will be posting these for sale shortly.

It is a bit on the expensive side but do prefer that rear bumper, I wonder if milltek will do an exhuast anytime soon?! Good point about the removed items, you may as well claw some of the cost back

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.