My LCR

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
As some of you may know.. I completed a engine conversion on my old 1.9tdi to a 2.0tdi ppd170 along with other things such as a sequential shifter, r32 brakes, LSD, cupra interior ... The list goes on..I only ever received negative comments about the build since day 1... It wasn't until it was completed I got (very few) level headed comments! But I loved doing ever minute, hour, day, night... Lol. At the start I said I wanted my 1.9tdi to be ALOT faster, with all the idiot comments I never documented it, which was a shame... For myself more than anyone else.

So anyway.. I chopped in my old Leon ...

603d1862406d1c5a7b439c9e0c216fcb.jpg

85ec4ffe68fc75ca0f01e02cac3f10ac.jpg

Sold it to a bloke who lives in the Midlands which loves it as much as I did/do couldn't ask for more.. Anyway a couple of days prior to selling my Leon, I picked up my new one..

814964672ccf2bdaa609c7d1cab5942e.jpg

So I've had my LCR since August, loved every second, first thought was... Jesus this gets wound up quick!! Didn't feel as much torque so within a week or so I had to get a remap! Few weeks later...full induction, top front and rear strut brace, 034 Motorsport engine, gearbox and dog bone mount (with billet brace).

Started to enjoy the car more and more, but living in England only 1 thing bothers me... The weather which means ... Traction ... Or lack off!! I can roll in 4th at 60/65mph, drop to 3rd, hit the power pedal and spin... On a wet day I can't keep up with 1.2 corsa's, I know the map is quite aggressive, but even quarter pedal it wants to spin, to my friends it's known as a 'very angry car' apparently it has 'issues' as it try's to kill you, all part of the fun I say!

Anyway enough rambling on.. (I do apologise).. I've followed nearly all the AWD threads I could find, dreamed about making mine AWD costed up the parts over 100 times, when I look at upgrades I think... Will that work with AWD too or will I have to buy again... Lol.

Well i would call it fate, some may disagree... My friend bought a rather poorly Audi A3 3.2 Quattro, cheap as chips (nearly half the price of market value) I always teased telling him to brake it and sell me the parts, until on day he went to change the clutch/flywheel, as the job went on it was found the block was damaged, leaked coolant like a gooden' then he turned to me and said.... You know them parts you wanted.... A few numbers went backwards and forwards and I made a purchase of this for AWD parts

fcdcca308f556abbd6f229a1cdd9ca2d.jpg

b56c5e87890089c525c59df9dbd8b581.jpg

This weekend I'm going to start to strip the Audi, sell the bits I don't need and keep the rest, I plan to fully upgrade the Rear suspension (bushes, arbs, drop links etc) prior to attempting to get this project on the go.

It's going to take a very long time, I'm guna need help from anyone & everyone willing, I'm also going to take detailed step by step instructions and showing what and why I'm buying certain things. I will update on here if the interest is enough. Then once AWD I'm looking to do large amount of engine work, but even stage 2+ AWD is good enough, look at the golf R.

Just in advance... I know this is going to cost me a arm and a leg, I know this is going to be bloody hard, and lastly to the keyboard warriors ... Take a night off pal.

Last edited:

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Just a back date of some mods to my car...

Triple r splitter
e16b690437fc698dcef73799344ffba4.jpg

Audi TTRS front calipers (working perfect with no noise - pagid pads, OE 370mm Audi discs)
Golf r32 rear calipers 310mm
All with custom stainless hoses
f52c8d073d5f06c6ccd3e6b2ab2af5b5.jpg

a8fdcf4e61242bbfeec0d1e6c518ab7c.jpg

866421a0ae98f357383095fe8e16e5d5.jpg

Read LED lights, and number plate LEDS..
0d882e869eae776a2dfc0376ae548ad6.jpg

All up to date,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Love it i also enjoyed reading your other thread ages ago but i dont comment on everyones thread as its too much to keep track of.
I think i have to agree that awd would complete the mk2 cupra when they have extra power best of luck with the project.
If i ever have the time and can help in anyway im only on the outskirts of hastings so not too far away from ashford.
I believe i was speaking to one of your mates last year cannot for the life of me remember his name but he is friends with a friend of mine he drives a mk2 leon diesel all i can remember about it was it has aftermarket headlights lol.

Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
It going to be a epic thread, please keep it updated. As in the long run I want to do a AWD conversion on mine. I'm running stage 2+ power and it is hard work in this weather but fun.

Good luck with it.

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Love it i also enjoyed reading your other thread ages ago but i dont comment on everyones thread as its too much to keep track of.
I think i have to agree that awd would complete the mk2 cupra when they have extra power best of luck with the project.
If i ever have the time and can help in anyway im only on the outskirts of hastings so not too far away from ashford.
I believe i was speaking to one of your mates last year cannot for the life of me remember his name but he is friends with a friend of mine he drives a mk2 leon diesel all i can remember about it was it has aftermarket headlights lol.

Thanks bud! I appreciate your reply! Your only close, so you will, I'm sure get to see it first hand! It's going to take a while as I'd like to install it with other mods such as a modified Haldex controller etc, I also need to find a decent unit as I can't use my friends ramps all the time.

Your thinking of Jamie... I think lol he's a top bloke, on this forum too.. Somewhere lol.

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
It going to be a epic thread, please keep it updated. As in the long run I want to do a AWD conversion on mine. I'm running stage 2+ power and it is hard work in this weather but fun.

Good luck with it.

Thanks Lee, once I get into the build properly I'm going to try put a time next to everything to give a good idea I will also try get loads of photos! But for now.. Over the next few months it'll be dismantling... No parts anytime soon as the A3 swallowed my spare money, overtime money & food money!

#becauseracecar

Last edited:

Rob_Talisman

MKII CR FR 170 FL Stage 2
Sep 2, 2013
North East
Going to enjoy reading this myself fella. N if you enjoy doing it fook the rest. Its what make you happy and keeps the brain ticking over with ideas.

4/4 dirty dervs

Oct 1, 2012
kent
itll be just like a s3 ..... BUT BETTER ;) .. love it mate. im gonna subscribe to thie thread. duck what everyone else thinks. its your lcr and your just further making it your own but adding your own touches. and i feel your pain with traction issues. never before had soo much grief with rain and flashing traction control dash light before my cupra lol.

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Thanks gents, really good to have some nice comments!

As you may have gathered, I can't wait till the weekend, so I knocked off early from work and let the mayhem begin!'

So yesterday me and a few friends started stripping the interior..
29858fc83c538796dd22b87e4d29843e.jpg

5a454d2068c81989ec137c829d7acb82.jpg

It was good progress, only the dash, steering wheel and floor left to remove!

Then today we started the harder jobs..
9e544113dba54c7109048dbc2e46da4e.jpg

Above shows us removing the air con and all other pipes and plugs! Bloody hundreds of plugs!

52bd87a02997aed0a0ac8d56e3f50cdd.jpg

31e8d1127928dd08179c0add5ddab342.jpg

Well what can I say? This was a great laugh, that engine is so bloody heavy I cannot begin to explain... As two of us tried to move it around we had to stop, then I came up with a idea...
0a8026110476d0f56fe33a8ad73a1eaf.jpg

3.2 v6 wheel barrow! Haha this was so funny, but it worked! It also saved my back!

Then we continued to remove the ECU & more wires
af96a602aca3fa923bdf9157de823aeb.jpg

8db26f7ec495c2fd8b9f83a6f2064850.jpg

All the non AWD parts are being sold, so I was bored removing them, but eventually we got to my favourite part .. It was like holding my first newborn... Not that I know what that's like...
e373c7f8ecca6c171b6e52062451caaf.jpg

Finally! Something all wheel drive related!

Then no build couldnt be complete without a pizza so we went inside had pizza and decided to call it a day! ... Or night? Leaving the car like this...
41b183d21051437d791e0fba82a10861.jpg

Enjoy maybe more updates tomorrow, unlikely as I'm in meetings in London all day

Last edited:

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
This is going to be a very interesting one to watch! Good to see people taking these jobs on themselves, I'd love to do something like this but would never have the time or space!

Enjoy the build dude

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Daaayum! Looks like a fun challenge.
More a life choice and a long journey than a mod!
Do you have any milestones of when you want to get stuff done or is it slowly slowly catchy monkey stuff?

Kinda puts my new exhaust excitement in perspective ;)

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
This is going to be a very interesting one to watch! Good to see people taking these jobs on themselves, I'd love to do something like this but would never have the time or space!

Enjoy the build dude

Haha interesting at the least! Lol

You shouldn't limit yourself, we can all make time, but other things will suffer, I'm single haha! Space is a tad harder got a drive and temp use of a ramp every now & then but looking into getting a unit lol.

Thanks bud

Last edited:

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Daaayum! Looks like a fun challenge.
More a life choice and a long journey than a mod!
Do you have any milestones of when you want to get stuff done or is it slowly slowly catchy monkey stuff?

Kinda puts my new exhaust excitement in perspective ;)

You've cracked it there bud... A life choice/style lol.

Uhh well... With regards to the milestones... By the end of the week I want the AWD system laid out on the floor, wires, props, haldex units etc etc.. Then it's hard... I'll defo get the Haldex units serviced and a diff installed in the rear unit. Then.. Do I
a) play the waiting game upgrading the parts on the floor, until it's all ready done ready for the car

Or

B) chuck it in enjoy AWD a and upgrade over time...

At the mo I'm swinging towards A) that way I can save up for a 2nd car on the side whilst my Leon is mutilated lol.

Don't put your exhaust down! I'm still on standard exhaust ! Lol

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
As others have said don't look into any negatives much mate at the end of the day it's what makes you happy not us ;)

Oh and imo you derv leon looked sweet!

Looking forward to this epic build keep us updated..

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
As others have said don't look into any negatives much mate at the end of the day it's what makes you happy not us ;)

Oh and imo you derv leon looked sweet!

Looking forward to this epic build keep us updated.

Haha thank you mate ! It was good fun to build and drive.

I'm currently sat in a meeting... Dreaming about AWD..... Fun fun fun. Tonight I'm having a night off. Hitting it hard Friday night and Saturday !

Happy seat'ing all

Last edited:

stevenpreece66

Mar 19, 2015
Your building an absolute monster it's going to be amazing I can't wait to see it finished I only joined this today to see what air filters best for mine and I came across your form now I think I need to start saving and rethink what to do to mine

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members