Lucifer's Ultimate Guide 2: Tuning the 1.4TSI

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
much excite.

:D

refrence miltek use a 2.76" tubing on some of the cupra/boc exhausts, there is a 2.5" option tho

Last edited:

Kibby

Jul 12, 2013
Belfast
I don't have the 1.4 tsi I have the newer engine but I don't care I'm so into this its ridiculous. Would love to offer my car up to be a test subject for a tuning shop haha

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
Nice. Keep in mind you need stronger clutches if you want to have a strong stage 3.
Over here the strongest stage 2 are about 260bhp and the strong but daily drivers stage 3 around 330bhp.

The more you tune the car the more problems you're gonna get especially with this small engine, but this applies to most cars.

Hope you hit the hp you want without any more problems.
I'm happy with my light stage 3 at the moment but done with it, currently saving for an evo x :D

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
who said clutches?

TMG Performance DSG Clutch kit for Dq200 Tested and Proven!

Torque of 346.91nm(255.86ftlbs) on Wheels and 433.26nm(319.55ftlbs) on Crank.

uco4FNz.jpg

wbSk04k.jpg

AHGM6fB.jpg

Lvdqqe3.jpg

Last edited:

seatscoobyruski

Mar 30, 2017
Dead turbo
Hi looking for help. We recently bought a bocanegra, which was mapped to 210bhp. So I thought it may be useful to buy a miltek turbo back system with sports cat. Which didn't fit as easy or as well as I had hoped.. Had to re route a/c and alt wires to behind the cat. Anyway it's been about 3 weeks and now the turbo has sh** it's self. Does anyone know if this has anything to do with a possible pressure difference on the pcv system or just bad luck? Please help ordering a new turbo and don't want to kill this one :D
Ps she's on 65000 miles and is a 2011 year. Also brother in law said he noticed blue smoke on start up about 3 weeks ago

Stoker96

Apr 23, 2018
Been a while since this post I know but what turbos and intercoolers are people using for stage 3?

vladandrei51

Oct 24, 2018
Revo blew their piston in their development car working on stage 2+ software which they later found to be the fault of the vw fuelling management code. They re wrote this and along with different plugs cured the problem. People like myself came flocking to them just to get a reliable car.
Does this means getting a revo stage 1 would increase reliability over newest OEM software (which technically addresses fueling issues and stuff)

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Since a lot of new people are asking about the 1.4tsi engine and these threads have loads of useful information, making them sticky. :)

xChokis

Sep 26, 2018
Hello there everyone i have some questions about my build so i have a 1.4 TSI Cupra made in 2011 and i've been going through this for a while now over and over again but some opinions by you would definitely be helpful , so currently i just added my spring booster and changed my coils to the R8 ones , my car is already running a REVO stage 1 (supposedly) has a check engine light and i'm living in Cyprus so if i'm not mistaken REVO is not really made for my country's heat so hence the fact that i have a check engine light also it doesn't really feel that great and i thought another tune would feel better , so my plan currently is get a Scorpion exhaust cause i feel like that would be the best option for my 1.4 TSI Cupra i've been hearing mixed reviews about the FORGE intake so i feel like i'm going to follow lucifer's advice and go for the ITG ( if i'm able to source it in cyprus which is giving a tough time also for the exhaust ) , and finally because i don't really trust anyone in cyprus to tune my car i'll be getting an APR stage 2 , but for some reason as i said earlier i can't really find anyone that provides that for my car , so i have this other option which is a guy that tunes cars for etuners motorsports he told me he can get me a custom exhaust a forge induction kit and he will make me a custom tune so what's my best bet here?