GT28RS - I'm fitting one has anyone else ?

Andy Cotton

Sep 20, 2005
Yeovil Somerset
Hi,

I'm new to the SeatCupra club - sorry I haven't got one but I have got a 20VT shoe horned into my Elise.
It's running 250BHP with a K04 and Emerald ECU and it's bloody quick, oh and it goes around corners too.

Anyway - my K04 and manifold is coming off (and it's for sale if anyone wants it) and I'm going for the GT28RS with a cast manifold from Denmark.

The turbo will sit on top (as opposed to hang down) and it should be here next week.

Has anyone got one fitted to their car, etc.......what power, who made the downpipe etc.....

Drop me a line

Andy
Audi-Lise

Andy Cotton

Sep 20, 2005
Yeovil Somerset
No sorry I don't - I've only seen photos of it.
It's a cast one with quite big bores - it's coming supplied as part of the "kit" although I'll have to do alot of fabrication as well.

The bloke who's selling it to me has had it fitted to a Motorsport TT running 350BHP and has not had any problems.

hopefully I won't either. I'd be happy to post some phots when I get it and start building it.

Does anybody know a good rolling road tuners down in the South West.

i don't fancy the trip to Emerald.

minimivic

Drives a 16v mini
Aug 26, 2006
Dorset
www.btinternet.com
A cast manifold like that will be problem with the brake servo. I really like bills manifold but the cost is a bit high at the moment. I have a 2871r turbo with a 0.86 housing which I was going to fit. Just need a manifold now.

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Andy, is this the same K04 as run in the LCR? K04 023?

If so how much you wanting for it fella, i could do with a spare K04.

I cant pm you to ask as your a newbie:)

Andy Cotton

Sep 20, 2005
Yeovil Somerset
Hi,

no this is NOT an ATP conversion - the manifold doesn't look anything like the ATP one.
I thought ATP was from the USA - this manifold is from Denmark (so the man tells me).

The K04 i'm running is an 023 - from a smashed S3 with 10K on the clock - I've put another 10K on the clock as well.

I've been offered £350 for it with the manifold.

Anyway back to the GT28 - is this the way to go ?
I'm looking for about 330BHP on standard internals and then put it up to 350BHP when the con rods have been changed.

I have chosen to do this turbo cos nobody's done it before (in an Elise) so just something different.

330BHP should be quite exciting in an 800Kg car.

Still need someone to do their stuff on the rollers though - any recommendations in the South West ? previouly it was tuned by TSR in Bridgewater but they've gone bust - the owner does work in Yeovil (my town).

Does anyone recommend anyone else who knows about Emerald ?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
emerald are a bit short on info for distributors!

Who mapped the setup originally?

I guess what you need is a 1.8T Emerald ECU friendly mapper. which is a pain given it's not the most popular ECU, and I'm sure you don't want to take it to norwich

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
dave walker is the best guy to do it tho, and has done 1.8t elises before.
worth the trip to get it done right I would have thought.

IHI'd have been done

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
jabba have done an ihi elise before bout 2 years ago not sure what management it was running

possibly haltech or AGU management at a guess.
If you go so Peterborough you might as well travel a bit further to Emerald and Dave Walker tho.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
I know Ray has used Motec on a Leon 1.8T racecar. Fully equipped, datalogging, dash etc etc.... the dogs danglies setup.

Andy Cotton

Sep 20, 2005
Yeovil Somerset
Thanks for the advise.

I knew you SEAT boys weren't all that bad !1;)

Are you interested in my build ? shall I post more info as I do it with phots?
If so let me know - be glad to share the info with you.

Andy C

Triple D

yep andy, iw ould sertanly be interested in pics etc etc as my step dad has a S1 elise, my try to convince him to do the same :whistle:

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Thanks for the advise.

I knew you SEAT boys weren't all that bad !1;)

Are you interested in my build ? shall I post more info as I do it with phots?
If so let me know - be glad to share the info with you.

Andy C

fancy 485bhp in the Elise? :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members