2.0 TDI 170 FR exhaust

May 22, 2023
Currently on a stage 2 remap with dpf gutted and egr delete. But want a bit more sound from my exhaust. Torn between a cat back, or decat downpipe fitted to standard exhaust? Which would sound better?
Big price difference between the two 😅

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Does the PD170 have a cat? Pretty sure on the CR170 there's only a backbox, straight pipe from the DPF to that box.

May 22, 2023
I’m not entirely sure really, just know there’s a catback option from Gravity, but also seen a 3inch decat pipe option for a fraction of the price

Robbo86

Jul 19, 2019
UK
Diesels don't have cats. The cat back option will just start from the DPF (or there about) and then the downpipe will remove the gutted DPF and replace it with just a pipe. Honestly, you'll never get brilliant noise from diesel, but mine has just a back box delete along with the gutted DPF and can sound pretty meaty. The downpipe will get you more of the owl hoot noise but will make it more obvious that you have removed the DPF (potential MOT issue unless you have a friend)

Jun 14, 2023
If you can get the dpf off yourself which tbh can be done on jackstands (just keep the o2 sensor) and find a downpipe for sale and fit that yourself you will save urself a lot of money from exhaust place

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members