ACT Activation Noise

benni8

Jun 19, 2018
Manchester
Morning All,

I have 2015 1.4 TSi 150 from 8k - Currently has 47k and well looked after,

I have been hearing a slight clunking noise recently (as windows have been down due to nice weather) and initially I assumed it maybe a gear linkage/box or clutch issue.

However, this morning I went out nice and early at 5am when the roads are quiet to see if I can pin point what is causing the noise.

It didnt take long to notice that the noise only happens as the ECO light turns on and off.

For clarity 2 points:

• I have always been able to 'feel it' change into ECO/ACT in the past but not actually hear it the way I can now.
  • The noise does not continue or get worse during when ECO/ACT is activated (i.e. circlip issue) - It only does makes the noise at the point of activation and at the point of deactivating.

Any ideas why this would be occurring now and if there is anything I can do to rectify or be concerned about?

Thank you

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Our 2018 is the same - pretty much undetectable unless you really concentrate, when occasionally you can feel a very slight 'bump' as it re-engages all 4 cylinders

pavel1771

Oct 20, 2014
Morning All,

I have 2015 1.4 TSi 150 from 8k - Currently has 47k and well looked after,

I have been hearing a slight clunking noise recently (as windows have been down due to nice weather) and initially I assumed it maybe a gear linkage/box or clutch issue.

However, this morning I went out nice and early at 5am when the roads are quiet to see if I can pin point what is causing the noise.

It didnt take long to notice that the noise only happens as the ECO light turns on and off.

For clarity 2 points:

• I have always been able to 'feel it' change into ECO/ACT in the past but not actually hear it the way I can now.
  • The noise does not continue or get worse during when ECO/ACT is activated (i.e. circlip issue) - It only does makes the noise at the point of activation and at the point of deactivating.

Any ideas why this would be occurring now and if there is anything I can do to rectify or be concerned about?

Thank you
This is not a cylinder deactivation system. This happens when the economy mode is on and the rpm is 1500. In this range, the sound is produced by the turbine and actuator. namely, the turbine rod dangles. There is a repair kit of washers and clamps.