Better option than the standard washer nozzles?

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
OK, help me out here - I replaced the standard three jet washer nozzles on my last Leon with the fan spray Golf 7 ones, but swapped back to the standard as they were next to useless. Now on a newer Leon which again has the standard 3 jet nozzles. Driving a truck all day with washers that are mounted in a bar on the wiper arm has made me realise how much better a system this is, with the washer fluid getting exactly where it is needed on the screen no matter where the wipers are.
I've found THESE on ebay, yes they are listed for a Ford Kuga but the dimensions of the wiper arm in the listing is the same as those on the Leon. What do you reckon? Worth a try, or not? I've still got the Golf ones in the garage as an alternative, but can't see these being any different on this Leon

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
I've got the genuine VW Golf ones on my MK3 and they are great compared to the 3 jet nozzles, some of the fakes are not very good.
The ones I bought are the genuine VAG parts, 5M0 955 985C 9B9, certainly not cheap Chinese copies. They seem very weak on fluid delivery compared to the original 3 jet ones

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
The ones I bought are the genuine VAG parts, 5M0 955 985C 9B9, certainly not cheap Chinese copies. They seem very weak on fluid delivery compared to the original 3 jet ones
Very unusual, I take it that they are adjusted fully up? Maybe you have a faulty pair, but unlikely :(

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
OK, help me out here - I replaced the standard three jet washer nozzles on my last Leon with the fan spray Golf 7 ones, but swapped back to the standard as they were next to useless. Now on a newer Leon which again has the standard 3 jet nozzles. Driving a truck all day with washers that are mounted in a bar on the wiper arm has made me realise how much better a system this is, with the washer fluid getting exactly where it is needed on the screen no matter where the wipers are.
I've found THESE on ebay, yes they are listed for a Ford Kuga but the dimensions of the wiper arm in the listing is the same as those on the Leon. What do you reckon? Worth a try, or not? I've still got the Golf ones in the garage as an alternative, but can't see these being any different on this Leon
That does seem very odd, not met anyone who didn't think they were a massive imporvemnet.

The only issue I ever had with them (on both my leons, was that the none heated ones in the carbon edition froze (280 had winter pack). and when I first installed them it took some getting used to as they literally covered the windscreen with one quick squirt and it was hard to see where you were going for a split second.

I definitly prefer them to the 3 lots of 3 jets I have on the BMW. Which goes through screen wash very quickly and has a smaller tank too.

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
How can I tell if my washers are heated in my 280? I have the heated front bucket seats.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I bought VW fan washers on eBay and they were obviously fake. Didn't fit or work very well. So I'd be inclined not to buy these cheap eBay trick washers as there's a pretty good chance they're Chinese junk. The stock items might not be the best but they do work and are likely to continue working. All best are off with cheap eBay shite.

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
I bought VW fan washers on eBay and they were obviously fake. Didn't fit or work very well. So I'd be inclined not to buy these cheap eBay trick washers as there's a pretty good chance they're Chinese junk. The stock items might not be the best but they do work and are likely to continue working. All best are off with cheap eBay shite.
The ones I've got, and used on my previous car, were dealer bought, so definitely not Chinese Ebay crap

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Yes, they were adjusted fully up. Never bothered putting them on the new Leon. Do you reckon the wiper arm nozzles as in my link in the first post will work?
Sorry for delay in reply, IMO the Kuga/eBay ones could cause more problems, extra weight and drag on the wiper arms, the hoses might not be very flexible in the cold. Also I like the standard setup where the screen gets a good soaking before the wipers operate, not sure if that would work with the Kuga kit. I suppose you could take a chance at £7 a jet.
I see you've still got the Golf ones, I'd give them another try.

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
@Walone

I've swapped the standard jets over to the Golf fan sprays that I took off the other car, and I'm beginning to think they aren't what they seem. Certainly not a fan spray from these! Now back on standard jets......May look at getting some replacements. For anyone having a laugh at what I call my phone, it's because of work - I'm sick of other drivers unpairing my phone from the bluetooth in the wagon :D

Attachments

• 20231208_112901.jpg
    20231208_112901.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 20231208_085643.jpg
    20231208_085643.jpg
    450.3 KB · Views: 85

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
@Walone

I've swapped the standard jets over to the Golf fan sprays that I took off the other car, and I'm beginning to think they aren't what they seem. Certainly not a fan spray from these! Now back on standard jets......May look at getting some replacements. For anyone having a laugh at what I call my phone, it's because of work - I'm sick of other drivers unpairing my phone from the bluetooth in the wagon :D
I'm fairly sure they look like the fan jets, I'm wondering if your washer pump is a bit weak, or maybe the actual washer fluid you are using is not suitable, I found out recently that VAG recommend special fluid for Fan Jets

Front.jpg Rear.jpg

mathyou78

Jan 19, 2023
I've got the genuine VW Golf ones on my MK3 and they are great compared to the 3 jet nozzles, some of the fakes are not very good.
I completely agree. The copy parts are a very poor fit in my experience too. Next to useless. Genuine VAG ones are 👍🏻

Reactions: Mr Pig
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members