Black seat and cupra badges

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
Depends which badge you’re doing. Front badge you have to unclip the old one, remove the chrome badge completely and clip the new black one on. Rear badge sticks over the top.

Since doing mine the front is still perfect, the rear came unstuck twice - so I dismantled the boot latch and had a local company paint it gloss black for me instead.
With hindsight - just use plastidip, would have saved me money and been a lot less hassle

Reactions: Yoshi

Yoshi

Mar 8, 2023
Depends which badge you’re doing. Front badge you have to unclip the old one, remove the chrome badge completely and clip the new black one on. Rear badge sticks over the top.

Since doing mine the front is still perfect, the rear came unstuck twice - so I dismantled the boot latch and had a local company paint it gloss black for me instead.
With hindsight - just use plastidip, would have saved me money and been a lot less hassle
Ahh, too late :ROFLMAO:

Just purchased the front and back badges with the "Leon" also in black.

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
Haha oh well. My advice then? On the rear badge ditch the supplied adhesive tape, and if you are sure you want it to stay put - I’d put a thin layer of tiger seal or your choice of perma bond adhesive that doesn’t react with plastic on it instead.

I used the supplied tape, didn’t stay stuck. Had a grumble at them and they sent different tape. Used that, and at some point between Stafford and Folkestone it fell off again… so that was the end of that

Reactions: Yoshi
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members