Boot unlock

josh2023

Sep 12, 2023
Ireland
on 2 occasions today the car was locked but the boot would not open, even though the key was in my pocket. Had to take the key out and press the boot open button.

Tell

Staff member
Change the remote batteries ?.... saying that it might give you a low battery remote warning on the display. Perhaps the tolerance hasn't been reached yet for that.

About a year or so is what you seem to get with Kessy.

On reception I did find burying the key doesn't help in a bag so having it on the outside etc helps. Kessy can go into sleep mode closing down everything except the drivers door but that's generally a week or so of standing about. You might have a specific Leon 4 issue. Pass on that.

Tell

Staff member
Not swapping between keys ?. The Arona here sometimes fails to un lock if the keys are swapped which can cause a traumatic episode if you have gone back to the car to get in if you have key 2 and key 1 is still out shopping. I pressed the button and it opened but the touch wasn't working. That had happened once before. Still annoying being locked out.

The only issues I get on the Ateca is weak battery in the food when time to change batteries so doesn't pick up too well the key being present, shielding of the weak or the power saving where the car starts closing down the sides of the car. The virtual pedal at the back plays up about once a year where a foot wiggle won't open it. You open all the car with the hand touch on drivers door then the foot wiggle works. That could be power saving.

If it's two weeks old back to the dealers. Still might be an old battery hanging about in the remote control prior to delivery.

It seems some people keep a spare battery on themselves tucked away when travelling away from home on holidays. I'd taken both keys to Ireland but key 1 failed in the ferry queue. Lucky key 2 was fine. Bring the key up to the front of the car process to start the car. Another traumatic experience. Fixed by a visit to a hardware shop the next day to buy a new battery for the remote in question. Trooping in and out of the car packing it, locking, unlocking it had drained the battery. 15 minutes later, live close to the ferry, wedged in the ferry queue. Refused to start. Tails of the unexpected Kessy error 🙄. Moral behind that carry both keys if on holiday and ideally have a spare battery tucked away in your wallet / pouch.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.