Can’t find ‘Air’ fuse. Seat Altea 2007.

Oct 25, 2023
Hi all. Thanks for the add.
I have lost function of central locking button & Mirror control on centre console & drivers door window controls. All points to a single fuse in the manual called Air. This is not on the main fuse boards. The manual say "Location under steering wheel, on relay carrier. Anyone got an image of where this actually is. I can see nothing around the relay boards or visible elsewhere with Fuse & Relay covers removed.

Tell

Staff member
The fuses are under a panel that unclip under the driving wheel on an RHD. I recall the manual tells you which. You are safe to pull those and check each. The probable ones are in the bonnet. Pulling those without knowing what they are, can trigger the air bag warning which requires coding to reset. You can pull the battery off and pull fuses to your hearts content.

You could try this video:

2016 is when I sold my Altea but these videos can be of use.

Reactions: Angela123456
Oct 25, 2023
Thank you . Yes I’ve checked all the fuses already. In the manual it states the fuse that controls the above is not numbered but called ‘air’ but it doesn’t give location. So I’m stuffed as can’t even lock the car.

Tell

Staff member
Also weird electrics in the car I came across once. You might have a dash of that. It's a control box that plays up. The dealer alluded to it once when my headlight were on but switched off on the switch. Start the car, lights on. Went on for 24 hours then fixed itself. Possibly dampness. Dealer wanted to charge £££s for looking at it. Then it immobilized itself once on another occasion. Another 24 hours. Those were the two main electric issues I had with it. That's when I learned it was folly to fault find fuses in the bonnet area since it triggers the air bag malfunction warning light that needs to be cleared with coding. Possibly the mythical electrics control box where your issue lay if not with the fuses. Think it has relays and stuff in it :confused: .... costs a small fortune.

Both problems sorted themselves out so I past on the expensive electrical control box replacement. If a fault can't be replicated, difficult to fix. These fixed themselves before the garage got the vehicle in. I put them down to dampness in said control box or elsewhere.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise