Clutch slip and remap I can't figure out

itsmrjt

Mar 6, 2018
Leicester
So tonight on the way home from work I notice some clutch clip! A few weeks back I thought it was a boot leak or loss of power but a few youtube vids confirm that it's clutch slip.

Im doing 30mph in 3rd and changed to 4th, put my foot down and from 2.5rpm it goes up ok to 3rpm and then revs right up with no extra torque or pull.

Under normal driving it seems ok using the rpm range changing the gears at higher rpm. I've a Flywheel Dual Mass LUK 02M 6Spd Sachs Clutch

Then the remap! Very interesting.. I've been doing a little investigating the 2 print outs are of the same day but an hour difference.. Now the earlier map was done at 11:57 and the engine power is 264 BHP and the engine torque is 313.6 lbs of torque yet the later map was done at 12:57.. And record less bhp 237bhp?

So my question is Wtf is going on? I'm all questions but non of the maps make sense and the clutch should be able to hold its own shouldnt it?

01aba1228154f8cc36b24ec4db8d2f86.jpg
2b0bf7a02d98d7072db014f9b3d3c51b.jpg
f97c2410314a0c81e4dd918302680aaf.jpg

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
So tonight on the way home from work I notice some clutch clip! A few weeks back I thought it was a boot leak or loss of power but a few youtube vids confirm that it's clutch slip.

Im doing 30mph in 3rd and changed to 4th, put my foot down and from 2.5rpm it goes up ok to 3rpm and then revs right up with no extra torque or pull.

Under normal driving it seems ok using the rpm range changing the gears at higher rpm. I've a Flywheel Dual Mass LUK 02M 6Spd Sachs Clutch

Then the remap! Very interesting.. I've been doing a little investigating the 2 print outs are of the same day but an hour difference.. Now the earlier map was done at 11:57 and the engine power is 264 BHP and the engine torque is 313.6 lbs of torque yet the later map was done at 12:57.. And record less bhp 237bhp?

So my question is Wtf is going on? I'm all questions but non of the maps make sense and the clutch should be able to hold its own shouldnt it?

01aba1228154f8cc36b24ec4db8d2f86.jpg
2b0bf7a02d98d7072db014f9b3d3c51b.jpg
f97c2410314a0c81e4dd918302680aaf.jpg

Clutch was done in 2014 and has covered a few miles...I'm guessing it's a standard clutch and is showing signs of wear. Remap isn't going to help much for longevity on a stock clutch if driven like it should be.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

itsmrjt

Mar 6, 2018
Leicester
Yeah, that was the plan last night to call Jabbasport. Il give them a ring.. But its weird that I started out with a leak and then the clutch starts slipping and I Google that clutch and it's like £500 on Google and the stage 2 clutch is like £260ish on ebay? Would have thought the one on the car would be good enough?

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
Depends on how old it is, how its been treated etc, it maybe glazed through getting too hot , could also be a sticky/failing actuator/thrust bearing.

itsmrjt

Mar 6, 2018
Leicester
Well I did give Jabbasport a call and badger 5. Jabba want £245 to pull it apart and badger want £45ph! £180! I'd need to leave the car and find a way back! But Jabba offered to look at it for £15 to see if they can find the issue before taking anything apart where as badger5 said they won't be able to I tell untill they take it apart? So they want to take it apart and then quote me! And Jabba want to see where the leak is coming from and then go from there which sound more reasonable. What do you guys reckon? I don't have money to throw away so whatever the issue it needs fixing! And if they are gonna pull the whole box out then I might as wel upgrade the clutch? No?

itsmrjt

Mar 6, 2018
Leicester
Depends on how old it is, how its been treated etc, it maybe glazed through getting too hot , could also be a sticky/failing actuator/thrust bearing.
I just think it's odd that as soon as I got this leak 2weeks ago it did it and I thought it was a boost issue. Now since I've had the car looked at i just feel like the leak has given me the issue! Finding the leak mean stopping the problem unless the clutch will need cleaning? But Jabba did say it's possible for oil to leak from the cam cover and trickle down and affect things or if there a gasket gone around that area. Only way to tell he said was to get it on the ramp. I might just take down to them and have them look at it and see what they say.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.