Collection Date pushed back again

Dec 19, 2023
Hello, I’m new to all this, but been following a lot of these threads for a while (but never made an account). Sooo….

I ordered my VZ2 midnight black with sunroof, top view camera and beats audio end of August 2023 and was giving a delivery date of beginning of December 2023, which to be honest with all the delays lately, that’s not such a long wait.

Anyhow, had confirmation car arrived in UK 2 weeks ago and my pick up day was supposed to be this Friday 22/12/2023, however just had a call from the dealer saying car won’t be delivered to dealership until 27th now due to all the bad weather! I know it’s not the dealers fault and tbf they have been really good in keeping me in the loop with everything. I know it’s first world problems kinda thing, but was really looking forward to picking the car up on Friday! Ah well let’s hope the extra week doesn’t drag on, and the car gets delivered to the dealership for collection in the 30th now 🤞

Any one else supposed to be picking their car up this week but has been delayed by **** UK weather? Haha

Dec 3, 2023
That's frustrating! Lead time on the Formentor must be a little longer than the Leon at the moment... I ordered my VZ2 Leon with Beats the first week of September and picked it up 30th November. That was around the time of all the snow up north in the UK (hence the profile image taken on the day I got it) so surprised the weather is the excuse....
If it's any help the Beats audio is great so will be worth the wait 👍

Dec 19, 2023
That's frustrating! Lead time on the Formentor must be a little longer than the Leon at the moment... I ordered my VZ2 Leon with Beats the first week of September and picked it up 30th November. That was around the time of all the snow up north in the UK (hence the profile image taken on the day I got it) so surprised the weather is the excuse....
If it's any help the Beats audio is great so will be worth the wait 👍
Wow that was quick fair play! Yeah seems to be a longer lead time, but all the weather warnings I can see are wind and rain 🙄😅 it is what it is just seems like my Christmas present is being dangled in front of my face but just out of reach! Ah well guess it’s a happy new year present instead now 🎅😊

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Tall sided vehicles such as car transporters could become unstable and susceptible to toppling over if caught by very strong wind gusts. Therefore, I suspect for reasons of safety that it’s normal for transporters and similar commercial vehicles not to operate when the Met Office has issued a strong wind weather warning.

@Cupranath91; yes, a new car will be a nice way to start off the New Year and it’s only a few extra days to wait. Better to wait a bit longer and have your car delivered safely to the dealership than for it to be damaged or in transit - or written off.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.