Company Car Change

iendicott

Jul 24, 2004
Peterborough
Hi All,

Haven't been on this forum for a few years since my wife got her 2008 1.4 TSI and next March my company car comes up for renewal so going to take the money and buy a 2015 \ 2016 Seat Leon FR 184 TDI ST with less than 10k miles on the clock. Generally impressed by her 1.4 TSI as nothing major apart from wheel bearings have gone on it which I replaced.

Moving from a 2014 Mazda 3 Skyactive 150 2.2 Bi-Turbo SE-L Nav which is a great car and lots of kit to boot and might even consider the Mazda 6 Skyactive 175 2.2 Bi-Turbo Sport again a great car and engine but seriously considering the Leon FR as I prefer the more powerful engine and standard kit and need something comparable to the Mazda 3 if I was to jump ship.

I have a few questions about the FR.

1. Is it Cambelt or Camchain ?
  2. If Cambelt what is generally the cost to replace and at what mileage ?
  3. My driving generally consist of long motorway mileage, circa 80+ miles 2 times a week what is the recommended service plan for that ?
  4. What is the cost of a major and minor service ?
  5. What is the cost per corner of a like for like replacement tyre ?
  6. Are there any week areas on the car which I would need to keep a look out when buying ?
  7. Does the FR Tech Pack get the reversing camera as standard ?
  8. Are the seat fitted in the car the same as the heated ones just with out the loom as found 1 or 2 cars with heated seats but they are fairly rare so might look at retro fitting as love it on the Mazda 3 currently ?

Not interested in tuning it yet but may consider a performance chip to push it upto around 200BHP once the warranty runs, anyone had any experience of a performance chip on their FR 184 yet ?
I believe you see better MPG returned as well if your driving style doesn't change, anyone confirm this as in my mind more power requires more fuel even if the turbo is working harder and you require less throttle.

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
18 inch tyres are 90/100 quid a corner, can belt change is 5 years or so many miles. Rattles in door cards and dash, leaking door seals. Paintwork chips easily. Heated seats are part of the winter pack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
159 minor service major be around 299 I expect, at times there are deals on PCP with couple free services. The cars leave factory on variable service regime which is 20k/ 2 years whatever comes first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
As mentioned the heated seats are part of the winter pack. Easiest giveaways are the buttons on the dash and washer jets just under the lights (almost triangular). The pack also comes with heated washer jets which may be a bonus when it get colder still having them work. I only mention about what to look out for as not many of the adverts mention them as garages don't notice them or can't be bothered providing a full spec. Best to look carefully at photos than limit your searches or you might miss a bargain. From what I can tell though there are more st's that have the winter pack than hatchbacks. I'd say the the paint is pretty much the same as any modern car in that it's water based. I've not noticed on this or the 2 seat cars I've had it being any worse than other brands I've owned (e.g. Toyota, Honda, VW). Similarly I've had less faults and rattles than other cars (e.g. mk5 golf gti made far more noise).

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
I will add I've been told that my heated seats are hotter in their hottest setting than those in an mx5. Assuming that all mazda are similar if that sort of thing is important plus there are 3 levels so you can reduce down if surface of the sun is too much (although it's been quite nice with it getting cooler).

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

iendicott

Jul 24, 2004
Peterborough
Cheers all. The seats in the Mazda are pretty good to be fair, they feel like my bum after a good curry As I said I have noticed the winter pack on a couple of cars but will keep a look out now I know not all garages know about them.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

iendicott

Jul 24, 2004
Peterborough
Actually all the ones on Auto trader with the Winter pack don't mention the heated seat but do have the extra buttons on the dash. Now I know what I am looking for.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ZK_FR150

Apr 16, 2016
I think heated seats are in addition to the winter pack as I have the heated washer jets and mirrors and headlight wash, but not the heated seats. Unless it was standard on later models with the winter pack.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
I think heated seats are in addition to the winter pack as I have the heated washer jets and mirrors and headlight wash, but not the heated seats. Unless it was standard on later models with the winter pack.

What year is your car, early cars with the technology pack had the winter pack less the heated seats as standard

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.