Cupra Ateca ABT box / tuning to 350bhp

Feb 27, 2024
Hi

Interested to hear if anyone has found an authorized ABT retrofit tuning box for Cupra Ateca facelift, costs, location, thoughts etc.

The official ABT UK company, charges an astronomical amount at £2.8k.This does not void warranty.

Whereas an ECU remap normally costs approximately £400. Albeit it's a remap, not a second box and voids warranty.

Any information appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

Reactions: Bahnstormer_vRS

CosmicBlue

Enjoying retirement
Nov 25, 2023
Warwick, UK
My guess is that the company that provides the official box also takes out an individualised insurance policy for each vehicle they do. Manufacturer warranty is also a insurance policy intended to protect the brand from an open-ended unlimited liability.

Perhaps you should take a look at Revo for a remap? It may still be the case that Revo load their map to an unused area of the ECU's memory and thus you are able to switch between the standard and the REVO map without updating the flash counter using a SPS switch - that's how it used to work.

Bahnstormer_vRS

Oct 28, 2021
What year Ateca are you thinking of for this, Simon?

The reason I ask is that, up to MY20 and some early MY21, you're okay to get a remap.

Later MY21 onwards, Cupra (VW) used a new model ECU with stronger anti-tamper encryption that Tuning Companies can't crack, so you have to use a plug-in Tuning Box as available from the likes of Superchips or Diesel Tuning UK.

cdba257c6b01dfe362bb18e67d743187.jpg

8e7fdd9291fd5200a36af73e9060d905.jpg

Hope this helps,

Guy

Sent from my Galaxy S23 Ultra using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.