Cupra leon alternatives

rlapin

Dec 7, 2021
I've owned a Cupra Leon Sporttourer 310 PS for almost 2 years and I've decided to trade it in for a new car.
I find the car dynamic even with a full load (5 people and luggage), and its fuel efficiency allows for long trips (1000-1400 km). The seats are comfortable, and the trunk is spacious.
However, there are a few reasons why I'm considering to change a car. At high speeds, the car isn't very quiet, and the stereo system isn't great (I don't even have the Beats system).
My model also lacks a heads-up display a 360-degree camera system (area view), and the infotainment system can be laggy. Additionally, the car doesn't have matrix headlights.

Could you please suggest some alternatives

rlapin

Dec 7, 2021
Today I've been to Skoda dealership and sit in a new Superb L&K.
I haven't noticed a lot of improvements comparing to Cupra. Sitting position is worse than in Cupra maybe it is matter of seat settings.
The worst thing is a side support that is in my opinion not sufficient for cornering. Big plus are the physical buttons and space for cups in the middle. Not adjustable armrest is not good as well.
The only engine that will work for me is 265 PS which is not currently available, otherwise 7.6 to 100 in a such big car can be problematic for me.

I'm planning to wait for the new bmw 540d and maybe to test superb 265 ps when it will be available in Poland. (appr. June)

Forgot to mention that I use car only for long distances (Weekend, Vacation trips).

Cubbington

Mar 26, 2024
UK
Arteon R Shooting Brake
No, no, no, no!

I’ve had one as a company car for 2.5 years and I’m so glad to be getting rid of it next week!

Capacitive touch controls are horrendous and dangerous in real world use, especially having them all over the steering wheel for adaptive cruise control functions…the aircon controls are just a joke too, it really is no wonder that VW have admitted it was a mistake and are going back to physical buttons.

As it’s the same generation as your Leon, the software/infotainment is just as laggy and just as rubbish…it’s so nice getting into my Leon with the older generation software and infotainment system which is quicker and just works…oh and having physical buttons for everything is a joy!

I forgot to add that if it matters to you, then the Leon is far more practical due to its boxy shape.

The Arteon is gorgeous IMO, but due to its swoopy coupe shape, the boot opening is really shallow, and you can’t get big items in easily!

One of my friends coined it the ‘Arteon Sh*tting Brick’ after all the problems I’ve had with it, which I thought was hilarious 😆

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.