Dealer quoted me 440 Euros to activate Full Link on a new 2021 Seat Ibiza Facelift

Jan 31, 2022
I live in Morocco. 4600 dirhams. I think it is not only over priced but outright stealing.

It seems the Seat dealer in Rabat is told the price from VW Casablanca and can't do anything about it.

Can I escalate that to SEAT or VW somewhere?

Seems unreasonable.

The 2021 Facelifts in Morocco comes in 2 flavors. Unlike Europe where I believe all Facelift comes with Full Link, mine does not. I have the "Move" version: https://www.seatapps.ma/app/interet/Brochures/FT_New_IBIZA_TDI.pdf

Thanks

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Back in 2016 when it was a £100 factory option on VW’s, the cost to retro activate it on compatible infotainment units in cars where it hadn’t been spec’d as a factory option was around £250 (€299). However, that was six years ago and everything has gone up in price since then.

Assuming you’ve just bought your car, have you asked the dealer you bought your car from if they’ll activate it for less than €440, bearing in mind you’ll have spent €€€€€’s buying the car, so they may do it cheaper as a gesture of goodwill. If they won’t, IMHO escalating to Seat is unlikely to do any good if €440 is Seat’s published price in your country to activate full link. No harm in trying though.

Whatever you decide, please update the forum with the outcome.

Jan 31, 2022
Thanks for the insight with the timeline comparison.

Before buying the car I tried to have it activated but my Canadian negotiations skills are no match compared to Moroccans ones (my Moroccan friends are able to pull things that I can't lol). Truly this is a skill here I admire.

So I think I will just cave in knowing the guy at my dealer gave me the VW contact to verify myself that the prices indeed comes from VW.

I'll let you know... Thanks again.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.