Engine management light on

MW05

Oct 18, 2015
Just about to buy a modified Ibiza Cupra pd160 with an EGR delete which is causing the engine management light to come on. Is there a way to fool the car into thinking it still has it's EGR and this turning off the light?

My engine management light came on and the fault code was the expansion tank sensor I had a new one fitted after a few miles the engine management light came back on. I took my car to another garage and they said it’s your expansion tank sensor I told them I’ve had a new one fitted. They then suggested it could be your thermostat / water pump . Anyone have any ideas on this one.
It’s. Seat Leon 1.7 tsi 2018 with 72,000 miles .
Thanks

MW05

Oct 18, 2015
Have you tried asking this question in the Leon section? I don't know if it might be different than for an Ibiza.
On my FR Ibiza, my thermostat was sticking open so i had a new one fitted. It didn't prompt the EML, and not long before it got written off the water pump started leaking, again no issue with the EML

Have you tried asking this question in the Leon section? I don't know if it might be different than for an Ibiza.
On my FR Ibiza, my thermostat was sticking open so i had a new one fitted. It didn't prompt the EML, and not long before it got written off the water pump started leaking, again no issue with the EML
Sorry mate I didn’t realise I put it on the wrong section but thanks for this information it might help. Too many sensors on cars today

MW05

Oct 18, 2015
Here's an update on my EML predicky ment...
After speaking to a couple of mechanics i was pointed to Lloyd at Car Care Redditch.
Lloyd had the car for a couple of hours during which he uploaded an engine map that tells the car it hasn't got an EGR valve and to stop looking for it!
His contact details are below if anybody else has a similar problem.
Unit 2A
Lakeside Trading Centre,
Beoley Road East,
B98 8PE
0791 366 3414

Looking on google maps he appears as CCR Tuning and Diagnostics.
I was very happy with his work right up until i pulled out onto the Warwick Highway and gave it some(ok, A LOT of right foot) whereupon there was a loud FUD, a puff of smoke from under the bonnet, a cloud of black smoke behind and the sudden loud sound of rushing wind as i blew off a boost pipe connection! F*********CK!
Suspecting it was the top connector(which had popped off before) i left it to look at another day as i had to go to work so jumped in the BM.
I had a look this morning and it turned out to be the most pain in the proverbial connection possible. The bend going onto the 90 degree bend onto the turbo. I suspect this wasn't the first time this connection had let go as there were TWO jubilee clips on it. I've just ordered some proper hose clamps to replace all of the jubilee clips.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.