Error: rear view camera system

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
form_rvc.jpg

A few days ago, when I started the car and started reversing out of my garage, I got this alert and the screen was only showing the parking sensors, and not the image from the rear-view camera. Since then, the rear-view camera doesn't turn on, and the car displays this error every time I put it in reverse.

I did contact my dealer to have it checked and repaired, but I was wondering if this has occurred to anyone else and whether it could possibly be a silly software bug I can fix on my own?

(TBH I didn't expect things to start breaking down this early, my car only has 1800 km on the clock.. 😬 )

Sarah

Jan 18, 2021
I had this error on the Cupra leon eybrid that I had. The next time I washed it, the camera lens fell out altogether into my hand. Have you checked that the camera lens is still intact and attached? (y)

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
I had this error on the Cupra leon eybrid that I had. The next time I washed it, the camera lens fell out altogether into my hand. Have you checked that the camera lens is still intact and attached? (y)
The lens is intact, not even a single scratch on it..

I will probably wash the car in the next few days, hopefully the lens won't fall apart 😅
But I don't think it will, because the first thing I did after getting this error message was to clean the camera with a wet cloth, and I did apply some pressure to it as well to ensure it was firmly screwed on. I think it would have fallen when I applied pressure to it, if my case was similar to yours..

raylee25

Jan 24, 2012
London
I had this fault after I did an OTA update, took it too the dealers last Wednesday where they installed version 1898. Now it’s working again

Reactions: chris_louk

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
I had this fault after I did an OTA update, took it too the dealers last Wednesday where they installed version 1898. Now it’s working again
I will ask my dealer to update the software when I take the car to them.
I also installed an OTA update, but that was about a month ago and the camera was working fine until a few days ago.. Did this fault appear to you right after installing the OTA update or after some time?

raylee25

Jan 24, 2012
London
I will ask my dealer to update the software when I take the car to them.
I also installed an OTA update, but that was about a month ago and the camera was working fine until a few days ago.. Did this fault appear to you right after installing the OTA update or after some time?
Yep. Fault happened straight after the updat. Only noticed it when I was parking.

Jan 24, 2022
Hampshire
View attachment 33382

A few days ago, when I started the car and started reversing out of my garage, I got this alert and the screen was only showing the parking sensors, and not the image from the rear-view camera. Since then, the rear-view camera doesn't turn on, and the car displays this error every time I put it in reverse.

I did contact my dealer to have it checked and repaired, but I was wondering if this has occurred to anyone else and whether it could possibly be a silly software bug I can fix on my own?

(TBH I didn't expect things to start breaking down this early, my car only has 1800 km on the clock.. 😬 )

My Formentor has the same thing. And it broke with only 174km on the clock.

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
My Formentor has the same thing. And it broke with only 174km on the clock.
Did you get it fixed?

I took mine to my dealership last week. They said it was a software issue, which they supposdely fixed by updating the ECU software (not the infotainment software).
The camera was “fixed” and worked fine the day I picked up the car from the dealership, but literally the next day, the same exact error returned, and the camera didn’t work again ever since, so I will be taking it back to the dealership for a second attempt to have it repaired..

Jan 24, 2022
Hampshire
Did you get it fixed?

I took mine to my dealership last week. They said it was a software issue, which they supposdely fixed by updating the ECU software (not the infotainment software).
The camera was “fixed” and worked fine the day I picked up the car from the dealership, but literally the next day, the same exact error returned, and the camera didn’t work again ever since, so I will be taking it back to the dealership for a second attempt to have it repaired..
Good luck with that.

Today my camera just started working again.

I was a little surprised to see another 'feature', i.e. the lack of an engine cover.

I didn't realise there would be so many faults with these cars, I've had Golfs for the last seven years and pretty much everything just worked all the time. Looking into these forums has been rather alarming.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.