Exeo handbrake

trevkyfc8

can anyone help I have just replaced rear pads now have no handbrake.Could cable come adrift from leaver and if so how do i get to it.:confused:
Thanks TREV

julianat57

Jun 19, 2010
Stafford
can anyone help I have just replaced rear pads now have no handbrake.Could cable come adrift from leaver and if so how do i get to it.:confused:
Thanks TREV

Hi, there is a procedure to be followed when rear pads are changed, it has appeared in earlier threads so you should be able to find it, not had to do it myself yet so can't help directly....Julian. Look for thread Handbrake Adjustment and M7R has quoted the correct procedure...Julian

Last edited:

kblackburn

Aug 15, 2012
holme/cumbria
instructions for hand brake adjustment.
Handbrake: adjustment
Notet The rear brakes are self-adjusting, so the handbrake does not require adjustment in normal operation. Re-adjustment is only necessary after renewing handbrake cables, brake callipers, brake pads or brake discs.
t The footbrake system must be bled and must be functioning properly.
t Handbrake lever, handbrake cables and brackets must be fully installed.

– Insert the lever at the brake callipers using feeler gauges; dimension A = 1.5 mm.
– Press the brake pedal firmly at least three times.
– Remove centre arm rest → body assembly work internal; Rep. gr.68.
NoteFor removing the support foot of the centre armrest, you do not have to remove the centre console.
– Remove the support foot for the centre console → bodywork, Interior fitting work; Rep. gr.68.
For illustration purposes, the diagram shows the handbrake lever after it has been removed from the vehicle.

– Press release button -2-. Both catch hooks should catch the handbrake cable eyes
– Let go of the release button.
– Firmly pull handbrake lever 3 times.
Place handbrake lever in rest position.
– Press release button. Both catch hooks should catch the handbrake cable eyes
– Release the locking button.
– Remove feeler gauge from brake callipers.

– Check lever position at brake callipers.
– Distance A between lever and stop must be between 0 and 1.5 mm.

trevkyfc8

Thanks with trying to help.Have taken to garage and they said cable had come adrift from handbrake leaver. So took center console out to put cable back on which took 2.5hrs so as cost me £168 plus £40 to fit brake pads which I had already perchaced .
thanks trev

M7R

Nerd...
Mar 27, 2008
Nottingjam
That shouldn't come out, in future follow my reset procedure and it won't give the cable enough slack to come out

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.