Exhaust mod options

Jun 15, 2023
Hi all, I'll have 290 Lux GPF soon and been reading about the exhaust modifications people make. I've heard either:

1.) Res delete
2.) Leave the res in and get a backbox delete

For option 2, has anyone done this and can weigh in on if it's better than getting a res delete, and how bad the drone is? Thanks.

CupraOwl

Aug 2, 2022
I’d go with the res delete.
I’ve got the 300 ST with GPF so it doesn’t have a resonator as standard but was still very muted. Swapped the back boxes for something half the size and the difference is ridiculous. Drone can be bad at certain speeds/RPM but it’s worth it.
I imagine even with a resonator, a back box delete on the hatchback would be too much but I can’t speak from experience on that.

jonny_w

Jun 26, 2014
Res delete was my option, I personally think the back box delete sounds so bad.

300stdsg

Dec 20, 2022
I’d go with the res delete.
I’ve got the 300 ST with GPF so it doesn’t have a resonator as standard but was still very muted. Swapped the back boxes for something half the size and the difference is ridiculous. Drone can be bad at certain speeds/RPM but it’s worth it.
I imagine even with a resonator, a back box delete on the hatchback would be too much but I can’t speak from experience on that.
Mind me asking what backboxes you went with. Debating between a delete or change for my 300 gpf ST

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members