Folding mirrors not folding today on keyfob

Sep 1, 2021
The mirrors fold manually with the dial but the won't fold on the fob. When holding the fob nothing happens, the car locks but thats it.

Even the windows won't go down. They work on the one touch and i did a reset to make sure. They still work on one touch, but the windows have stopped moving up or down aswell when holding the fob. So no fold and no window movement.

Is there a setting that stops them folding when the temperature is below a certain limit? It's 2.5 here now.

Last edited:

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
The mirrors fold manually with the dial but the won't fold on the fob. When holding the fob nothing happens, the car locks but thats it.

Even the windows won't go down. They work on the one touch and i did a reset to make sure. They still work on one touch, but the windows have stopped moving up or down aswell when holding the fob. So no fold and no window movement.

Is there a setting that stops them folding when the temperature is below a certain limit? It's 2.5 here now.
Maybe try a battery change in the fob

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
I have tried the second fob that has a new battery and nothing from ghat either.
Best thing to do is use obd eleven or carista or vcds scan for faults and also check that the options are enabled. Could also be rf interferance maybe try a diff location( thinking outside the box)

Sep 1, 2021
Best thing to do is use obd eleven or carista or vcds scan for faults and also check that the options are enabled. Could also be rf interferance maybe try a diff location( thinking outside the box)
Thanks for replying guys. They are Working again. The rear passenger window wasn't working on one touch. Thought it was just the front 2 that I was checking. I reset it and now working again.
Very strange set up lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

marlop

When holding the fob nothing happens...
Even the windows won't go down.
Reset the comfort mode in windows.

1) Run window all the way down by holding switch in down position. Continue to hold switch in down position for two seconds after it reaches bottom. Release switch momentarily and hold it down again for two more seconds.

2) Run window all the way up by holding switch in up position. Continue to hold switch in up position for two seconds after it reaches top. Release switch momentarily and hold it up again for two more seconds.

Maybe you'll have to repeat these steps one or two more times. After this, everything will work again, even the mirrors.

Reactions: emesee

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Thanks for replying guys. They are Working again. The rear passenger window wasn't working on one touch. Thought it was just the front 2 that I was checking. I reset it and now working again.
Very strange set up lol.
Glad you sorted it.

It is to do with the anti pinch.

So when you hold the lock button down it should roll the windows up (if open) as well. However, it will only allow you to do this if the anti pinch on the windows is set correctly. If it isn't it won't allow the windows up function (and the piggy bagged windows fold message) to work.

This FAQ should be a sticky everywhere @Tell :D

Tell

Staff member
Glad you sorted it.

It is to do with the anti pinch.

So when you hold the lock button down it should roll the windows up (if open) as well. However, it will only allow you to do this if the anti pinch on the windows is set correctly. If it isn't it won't allow the windows up function (and the piggy bagged windows fold message) to work.

This FAQ should be a sticky everywhere @Tell :D
It's actually the retrain procedure of the one above ;) it can happen with a battery change as well. I keep a note on my tablet in case it happens. The retrain also controls the mirrors folding in. Loose those settings and your mirrors won't fold in automatically, so you do the retrain. Perhaps the cold weather caused the power to drop which deleted the setting.

My notes I keep also report a safety button at the back of the window buttons when activated stops the rear windows from working and takes out one touch, least on the Ateca so perhaps a fumble of that might have deactivated one touch and the windows. Let someone look for that button and whether it takes out mirror folding as well. That came up on an Ateca discussion.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members