Formentor VZ5 - steering wheel not completely straight

Tha_Matt_Man

Jun 17, 2020
Belgium
My new VZ5 it's steering wheel is not completely straight, it's a bit to the left.

When I hold it completely straight the car goes to the right.

The dealer it's explanation is that this is never a warranty case...

After complaining now the explanation is that it has to be more than 2,... degrees to the left.

So now they want to check the alignment but if it's less than the costs will be for me...

What do you guys think about this?
It's not the dealership where I bought the car and I get the feeling that they don't want to pay for anything (because they can't claim warranty for it at the importer?).

Is it correct that there are margins for this? Straight should be straight....

st4niu

Dec 22, 2022
I had the same problem. Up until 3000 km I was thinking it have to be something with the road. But then I went to the closest dealer (not the one I bought the car) and they fixed it on warranty. Heard from friends that if you wait too long they can make you pay for this saying you hit the pot or curb or something. Gave me a report which said one or two parameters where off the chart. Right now it's much better.

Tha_Matt_Man

Jun 17, 2020
Belgium
Thank you for the feedback.

It's not much to the left but it is definitely to the left...

I know, that's why I went to the dealer to check it out. I've ordered the car new in Germany and imported it to Belgium.

The warranty is valid in Europe but you immediately get the impression that they don't want to help because they did not deliver the car...

That's why I want to know if it's correct that there are margins... They now tell me they can not claim warranty if it's less than 2-3 degrees off...

I would have to leave the car for a full day and they will charge me if it's within the margins...

I just want a straight steering wheel like it should be ...

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
Just a thought...
Firstly the basics- Check tyre pressures all round often overlooked or assumed to be ok.

Also take a look at the front tyres for feathering on the inner or outer edges of the innermost or outermost blocks on the tyres, which could be a pointer to misalignment.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.