Front Assist warning and also engine management light ?

Feb 15, 2024
Front Assist stopped working - been like it a week, no damage to radar, (not changed wheels or done brakes etc) ...just stopped working, no idea why. Have booked it into Seat but now the engine light has also come on ! I looked at the vehicle data on the screen and says something about the stop start being a fault? No way to read codes until Seat look at it, but am really worried I am about to be stung ££. Has anyone else had similar? As can be seen 42810 miles 2020 plate. appreciate help.

Attachments

• Front Assist.jpeg
    Front Assist.jpeg
    178.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Front Assist and engine management light.jpeg
    Front Assist and engine management light.jpeg
    80.4 KB · Views: 45
Feb 15, 2024
Getting a new battery fitted tomorrow as reading one of the threads on here stated stop start issues can be the reason and possibly all linked ? Hope so, if £150 only will take that all day !! Will update to help others once I know.

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Getting a new battery fitted tomorrow as reading one of the threads on here stated stop start issues can be the reason and possibly all linked ? Hope so, if £150 only will take that all day !! Will update to help others once I know.
Weak batteries lead to all kinds of fault messages from all control units, linked to each other. Yours is most probably such a case.

Sent from my 23013PC75G using Tapatalk

Feb 15, 2024
Weak batteries lead to all kinds of fault messages from all control units, linked to each other. Yours is most probably such a case.

Sent from my 23013PC75G using Tapatalk
Nope ... unfortunately took to main dealer and charged £285 to repair wiring ? and a fuse then given a 'to do' quote of £1384.80 + another £383.77

Booked in somewhere else for Wednesday - wow !! (I have always sworn on main dealer stuff only - not so sure now ) Will report back when I know more. Has anyone else had this happen? Ive not had accident the car was ex demo bought from Seat garage during Covid with 1900 miles on it and main dealer servicing and motorway miles (42,000) so not sure why damaged wiring etc. (unless this is a common thing -doubt it?)
car to do 2.jpeg
car to do 1.jpeg

Feb 15, 2024
Okay, so took the car for second opinion at a reputable auto analysis garage who agreed with Seat and in fairness advised me to go with them as their quotes for the repairs was reasonable ( Wow) So I need a new ECU due to frayed wires from manufacture not fitting loom correctly allowing movement, which blew a fuse which created static and issues with the ECU. (I have no front assist or cruise control as a result) The engine light is due to the evac pipe and canister needing to be replaced (A separate issue) So all in all we are looking at over £2K to get my baby back to how it was a fortnight ago. The second garage stated that not wise to buy a second hand ECU from auction sites as it may have software issues that may cause issues with other modules and cost more in the long run. Best let Seat fit the new brain with all their latest tech
Still love the car and have a car allowance - so going to have to bite the bullet on this. :(

• Sad
Reactions: Walone

redone

Nov 28, 2023
Can’t see the cost but expect ECU is a large part of that total cost. Looking at the price of second hand ECUs it might be worth a go, if you can find a mechanic willing. If the hardware is correct (and functional) then should only be a matter of VCDS or such to ensure correct settings?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.