Front Door Speaker rattling when playing music (Beats Audio)

May 30, 2022
Hi there,

Recently the temperature dropped to around -15 celcius. I heated up the car, and took off for a 50km trip. After a few hours I had to make another short trip, switched on some music, and out of nowhere I began to hear low frequencies making the front passenger door/speaker rattle even at low levels. I played around with the audio settings, making only the right passenger speaker play to hear it better, and it was rattling as if something was in the door bins.
Currently I am waiting for the temperature to drop down, and see if this actually impacted the door as some parts maybe frozen up, or if this was just a coincidence.

Let me know if anyone also had something similar. Looks like these cars weren't adapted for colder countries during winter season.

Attachments

• IMG_20230107_170930.jpg
    IMG_20230107_170930.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 98

KoenG

Jan 3, 2023
I'd say that typical, those phenomenons are caused by the content of the door bin. But since you already refer to it, I'd presume you checked that it's empty? Another explaination could be that apparently, the sound deadening applied in the door is not really impressive. This can trigger resonance of cables etc.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Sub-zero temperatures and (hard) plastic trim aren’t the best combination for rattle-free and vibration-free music enjoyment. Any plastic trim will become less flexible in really cold temperatures, so will be more prone to rattling, vibrating and creaking than it would in warmer conditions.

Also, as @KoenG has suggested, insufficient - or poor quality - sound deadening material may have been used; Cupra and VAG in general wont spend any more than they consider necessary on sound deadening insulation material between the speaker and its mounting points and the door card and door to help keep vehicle production costs down. That (low) spend is probably insufficient to eliminate rattles and vibrations in certain extreme temperatures.

May 30, 2022
I would have presumed that with the extra Beats Audio option this would have slightly better insulation in those areas to reduce the rattle, but looks like it might not have that.

KoenG

Jan 3, 2023
Can you go to an official garage and claim a guarantee check-up on this problem. I would certainly try and put those guys under pressure, they should solve this for you, and free of charge.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.