ibiza cupra mk4 1.8T big turbo project

callam

Dec 22, 2008
Nottingham,uk
picture.php

Hello everyone,

Ive not long got a new seat ibiza cupra after my seat ibiza mk4 tdi is in ibiza heaven - anyway the guy I got it off didn't really know what he had!- And to be honest- she needed a bit of tlc! Only bits like mafs sensor wires needed repairing and a new map sensor along with n249 and n112 re-resisting, and a good clean and polish!

Many of you have already seen this car as the previous owners have posted on here!

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=223769

and by

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=324067

Sooo

Spec:-

Wheels:

Seat cupra wheels- on P Neros.

Interior:

Standard Cupra interior,
Boost gauge & oil temp in piller- However need re-wiring as someone cut the wires?? Don't know why?

Suspension & Handling:

Weitec Coilvers,
Whiteline rear ARB,
front Seat strut brace.

Braking:

Standard Seat Sport AP racing 4 pot calipers with HEL braided hoses,
Ferodo DS 2500 front pads,
ferodo rear pads,
312mm Front discs,
232mm rear discs.

Engine & Transmission:

Quaife Limited Slip Differential,
VR6 Clutch with G60 Flywheel,
SuperPro 80 shure dogbone mount,
Custom short shift,
Forge TIP,
Forge splitter valve,
Forge Boost hoses,
Forge Boost pipe,
Jetex Filter,
NewSouth Power Gasket,
N249 removed and resistored,
N112 removed and resistored,
SAI removed and resistored,
Viper Tuning Custom map?? Not sure??
Full Miltek TB exhaust with De-cat,,
Ported OEM Exhaust Manifold (by Bill@Badger5),
Leon Cupra Injectors,
Hybrid Turbo- rolling road printout for 274bhp@flywheel and 248bhp@wheels.

Last edited:

callam

Dec 22, 2008
Nottingham,uk
To be honest - thats what Ive been trying to find out, if it has or not, I believe it has been mapped again because it does look like Ive got a bam code maf sensor and got bam injectors, and says it on the forum by last guy that owned it and the guy i got it off says it! because the power running 274 bhp at fly as when hartosh had it, it made round 260bhp after hybrid fitted on one of his last posts, happy with her though! gonna keep posting what im doing with her! all ready spent a fair bit of money on her!!

callam

Dec 22, 2008
Nottingham,uk
just a quick update - got some spare time at work today and seeing as i been meaning change my oil and filter again and do fuel filter got them both done today so car runing very nice :) just waiting on my new coil packs from awsome gti to come now

also I have replaced my forge 007 dv to a forge splitter

now makes a nice flutter :) :) i will get engine bay photos once got the new coilpacks on

callam

Dec 22, 2008
Nottingham,uk
Ok so, not had much time to keep this updated whilst i've had the car.
It's changed a lot and so have the plans I have for it.

I've cleaned up the engine bay a lot to start with and added new K&N filter with a small race battery so there is room in the engine bay.

Got a set of 888 tyres and I've not looked backed since.

And then this is where it started did a few track days then i ended up ripping all the interior out,
then got a nice set of sparco evo bucket seats with 3" 6 point harnesses.

Losing the weight helped a lot and you wouldn't realise how much the standard interior weighed, then this is when the car pretty much became my full on toy/weekend car.

The car has been really reliable other, than clutch going after few too many 1/4 miles.

Until I went out one night, did a few miles round country lanes, and engine sounded dead noisy from the bottom end, so just drove it slowly to work and took sump off the next day at work to find a broken con rod,. :( anyway at this point i wanted more power, so i was not too bothered. However will be missing driving it for a bit of time.

Although a good thing about where i work is we do a lot of work on performance cars. e.g a lot of engine building for many big power evos , and a fair few vag cars as well, so not only am I in to my cars my boss is to, who is a good mate, so we both thought no time like the present for a big engine build with it.

So........

At this point plans are going to be:
2.0 stroker kit with
83mm cp pistons
integrated engineering con rods
2.0tsfi crank
arp main studs
arp head studs
agu head with
ferrea valves
ferrea dual ti springs
ferrea ti retainers
ferrea spring seats
integrated engineering cams
integrated engineering cam pulley

turbo and manifold

gt3076r blouch
nortech vband manifold (well know as tsr but made by nortech)

sem inlet

and many other bits I'm gonna have to do.

at the min at bare block with brand new 2.0t crank rod and pistons all being send off to our engineering shop for to block to be bore from 81mm to 83mm to match pistons, crank to be polished and all to be balanced up together,

done so much more put ill add rest when done with some photos.

just got get some saving for rest for head work e.g valves ect.

ill try keep updated with photos once work out how to do it again,

or you can follow it on my work facebook page https://www.facebook.com/WK.Autos

thanks callam

callam

Dec 22, 2008
Nottingham,uk
Here is a few photos
Last one before off road
a>

Photo of broken con rod
a>

Post some more later thanks for advice on photos dude

Cammy

Nov 10, 2008
By the reg, this looks like it was Lewis's old car, running a k03 hybrid when you got it right?

was rolling roaded at 280 bhp last time I saw it at wallace performance in Aberdeen before he sold it.

callam

Dec 22, 2008
Nottingham,uk
Yeah that sounds right, been a good car, can't wait get it finished,
Good new my block is ready to pickup, so I'll go get it today and post some photos up

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Nice thread Callam. A man from my hometown of Nottingham - shame I don't get to go back as much as I'd like... Great spec list for the engine rebuild. What figures would you be looking for, as this is a track car? It'll hopefully be nice and strong anyways. Following you FB page for pictures, etc :)

Last edited:

callam

Dec 22, 2008
Nottingham,uk
Thanks James, you have let me know if in Nottingham any time,
Gonna have a few different map setting with low power round 450 then 500 and hope hight round 550, with race fuel maps ect,

Some good news block back and painted and ready to start building, gonna try get on lay top and post photos on here!! :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.