Infotainment in loop

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
My wife took delivery of new Ibiza fr last week and annoyed that has already had problem with infotainment switching between off and flicking between Seat logo and log in screen.
Thought it was just the SOS error that I have had to put up with on my Cupra Ateca. My daughter has had same issue on her Skoda.
Do all VAG infotainment systems have software bugs ? Thought a new 2022 car would be free of issues .

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
Has anyone had this fault?
Happened again today with radio cutting off and infotainment screen going blank then showing Seat logo then back to blank screen.
Ok on return journey after switch off but has happened a twice now.
Will be contacting dealer and imagine will have wait while they load software.

lordedmundo

Feb 23, 2021
I've had little or no issues with MY21 Ibiza FR Sport and it updates to the latest software automicatically. The dealer definitely needs to sort it!

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
I've had little or no issues with MY21 Ibiza FR Sport and it updates to the latest software automicatically. The dealer definitely needs to sort it!
I have had it happen on Ibiza 2022 3 times just after picking up car. Did the hard rest a few times and not had issue since but aware that the fault is intermittent. From reading other owners accounts. Not confident that it will be fixed till the Tech support come out with a specific fix.
I had no issues with Cupra Ateca for 9 months since March 21 then started to have the SOS error issue. Car had been in for updtaes and reset of software but fault still happens. Daughter has same issue on her Skoda. It would appear to depend on VW sorting fault and roll out to all brands

May 22, 2022
Hi I now have the brand new Cupra Ateca VZ3 and have also had the same issues with the infotainment system which turns on and off on a loop. I have been back ti the main dealer 3 times now and had hard resets and software updates but it is still happening. They have NO answer to the problem. Really annoying as it then stops the phone charging, sat nav and cameras etc. Apart form this the car is amazing and one of the best cars I have owned.

miles96

Mar 11, 2022
I'm having an issue where my infotainment system is stuck in a loop of rebooting. Even after factory resets. Has anyone had any solutions or is it just a matter of taking it in for software updates? Can do without the appointment wait time.

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
Hi I now have the brand new Cupra Ateca VZ3 and have also had the same issues with the infotainment system which turns on and off on a loop. I have been back ti the main dealer 3 times now and had hard resets and software updates but it is still happening. They have NO answer to the problem. Really annoying as it then stops the phone charging, sat nav and cameras etc. Apart form this the car is amazing and one of the best cars I have owned.
I have had the SOS error and the odd issue with not synching after signing in to Connect but not had the infotainment loop. Wifes Ibiza has had the looping but did reset and it has not happened too often. The SOS error did not occur for firt 9 months (21 plate) but happened every other trip since. Not sure if software update at service last March made it worse. Can live with SOS error as a push of red button seems to reset ok.
Agree that it is annoying and VW do not seem to have fix. Daughters Skoda Kodiq has same issue.

oldglosracer

Oct 27, 2022
These infotainment problems have cost Herbert Diess his job as VW CEO.
Blunders like the slider temp controls and all these crashing systems means I will go Japanese next time, Mazda or Honda.

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
These infotainment problems have cost Herbert Diess his job as VW CEO.
Blunders like the slider temp controls and all these crashing systems means I will go Japanese next time, Mazda or Honda.
Yes read that the CEO had been fired and new exec team would focus on the issues. Does not seem to be a quick fix.
I have a year till lease ends so been looking around BMW for one. Not ready for an electric yet and need more petrol head fun

Seat2016

Mar 24, 2016
Bumping this thread. I took delivery of a new Seat Ibiza in April 2023 & have been experiencing the issue of the infotainment system restarting repeatedly (but not every journey, some days everything is fine). From what I have read over the past few months, this appears to be a fairly common glitch, but one which has no known fix. However, I think I may have identified a possible cause.

Prior to getting my Ibiza, I had a Mk3 Leon (great car) for 7 years. In those 7 years, I pretty much left the driving mode set to Eco all of the time. On the Leon, once a driving mode had been set, it would be ‘saved’ & I would not need to select Eco mode each time I started the car. Annoyingly, with the Ibiza, the driving mode is not saved, so each time I get into the car, the mode is ‘Normal’ & I have to set it to ‘Eco’ at the start of each journey. Here’s the thing though….it is easy to forget to change the mode before driving off….which leads me to my observation/theory. If I change the driving mode when I first get in the car (before driving off), I do not experience the ’infotainment restart’ issue during the journey. But if I forget to change the driving mode from ‘Normal’ before I set off & then remember during the journey (usually in the first few minutes) & subsequently change the driving mode whilst ‘on the move’ (typically when I stop at a set of lights), within a few minutes, the infotainment system starts restarting continuously in a loop. Would be interested to hear if I am not alone in this observation, or if others could test my theory?

Strangely enough, mentioning my previous Leon (above) has prompted me to remember a similar issue, which I encountered (on the Leon) shortly before I traded it in for the Ibiza. Whilst driving the Leon in my last few days with it, the thought entered my head (whilst driving) to give ‘Sport‘ mode a try (so I changed the mode from Eco to Sport) whilst ‘on the go’…but shortly afterwards, the infotainment screen went blank. Then, when I reached my destination & went to park up, upon selecting reverse, no image from the reversing camera was shown (selecting reverse/reverse camera was not enough to get the display back up and running). I specifically remember this, because I was concerned that the dealer would query the non functioning screen when trading in the car…but after locking the car & returning a few minutes later, all was fine. Needless to say, as I would only own the car for a few days more, I switched back to Eco mode & did not risk changing the mode driving mode again!

Fully appreciate that the infotainment system on an Mk3 Leon is not the same as the infotainment system on the current Ibiza, but it seems odd that the only time I experienced a ‘crashing’ infotainment system on the Leon was the one time that I changed the driving mode whilst ‘on the go’. Could there be some connection? Could it be that changing driving mode at any time other than first driving off, is enough to trigger problems with infotainment?

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise