Nov 10, 2021
I don't like the Beats audio Subwoofer, there comes alot more bass from the door speakers then from the subwoofer itself, I would not be suprised if I unplugged the subwoofer and there wouldn't be a big difference.

But I don't have any knowledge when it comes to audio systems, is it possible to replace the subwoofer with something like a JBL Bass Pro hub without to much work, since the beats system has a 300 watt amp, or am I not able to reuse it with another sub?

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2021
Have you checked the sub is working? I also have a Golf with Dynaudio which has a similar sub and you can really feel that.
Yes I have checked, it does contribute a little to the music, i'm just a little disappointed, but it might also just be me who is used to hearing a little more of the low end bass with my 500Watt rms living room surround system

But with the beats system I feel like some of the low end is missing.

Last edited:

kurac338

Mar 30, 2020
Croatia
Have you checked the cars EQ setting?
I have the Beats system in my car and I cannot complain about it.

Audio is very subjective. It depends on what kind of music you listen to, and from what source (preferably true to life lossless formats).
I predominantly listen to old hip-hop/rap, and in my case I had to lower the bass about 8 steps in the EQ to make it comfortable (natural/studio sounding).

Reactions: NicoleFRSport
Feb 22, 2024
Yes I have checked, it does contribute a little to the music, i'm just a little disappointed, but it might also just be me who is used to hearing a little more of the low end bass with my 500Watt rms living room surround system

But with the beats system I feel like some of the low end is missing.
Yes you can upgrade the subwoofer very easily with a plug and play system from ESX. Link below

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
Took your advice, ordered this none and waiting.
Also wanted to order the Match dsp but kind of hesitated as it costs quite a bit and dont know if ts worth it.
Yes you can upgrade the subwoofer very easily with a plug and play system from ESX. Link below

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
Received and put it in, not exactly plug and play, had to cut by abt 6cm the bolt to tighten it and had to cut the wires of the Beats Sub connecting plug , as the ESX plug is not compatible with the Beats Sub. Temporarily connected the cut wires with the ESX plug wires so that I would test the sound, will sort it out better later.
Well, yes the sound did improve, mainly it added body to the bass, but I feel it now needs little more power to have the sub perform at its best. This means most probably a DSP Match 5.1. Then again, when I do that I will most probably look to upgrade the rest of the speakers and so on and so on! Right now it sounds quite better and as a system quite good. Beats sound system is not bad at all, if you know how to adjust it.
When I took out the Beats sub I was surprised of how little it weighs, its a plastic donut with a small sub speaker in it. I think it does not weigh more than 2 kgs when in comparison the ESX weighs more that 10 kgs!! For its size and weight the Beats is actually good. For money saving, you can only change the sub speaker in it but don't know if the extra wattage can be handled by the Beats amp. If not you will have to get the extra amp, costing a lot more than getting just the ESX. If you really value better sound, at some point you will end up getting the amp and the sub, its costly but will do a big difference.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members