Loses power in wet weather

Jason2023

Jul 13, 2023
Hi anyone ever experienced this…. I have 1.4 150 Leon FR it has started to lose power when it starts raining… I mean literally rain in the air not big puddles or anything like that. What happens is driving on a motorway constant speed no problems it’s starts to rain and every now and then it loses power like a fuel block.. I lift my foot off it stops. The minute the rain clears it stops no cut out..

Any ideas?

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
I get that with my 184FR, but mainly when the roads are wet. Could be when there's rain in the air. You put your foot down and very little response..

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
No mods air box standard.. any ideas
I would be tempted to buy or borrow something like OBDeleven and go for a drive with live data showing.
Do it first when the car is running well ( dry day ) - and note the numbers.
Then do it again when wet and see if there is a significant change in numbers.

It is an odd one because most cars run better in the damp/wet because the air is colder and more dense

Jason2023

Jul 13, 2023
interestingly in the rain yesterday it seemed to be more when the road was wet and not rain in the air but not heavy puddles stuff to spray…

but like you idea I’ll start to look into a OBDelven is it worth buying one?

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
interestingly in the rain yesterday it seemed to be more when the road was wet and not rain in the air but not heavy puddles stuff to spray…

but like you idea I’ll start to look into a OBDelven is it worth buying one?
It happens to me when the roads are very wet, more than if it's actually raining.

Jason2023

Jul 13, 2023
Ah really I find taking my foot of the gas and down again stops it happening for so long..

Jason2023

Jul 13, 2023
Couldn’t say what was going on… but when breaking on release they were very slow to release sticking for 10 seconds… also car slowed randomly in the wet thought it was engine but maybe not, module repaired both problems gone…. That’s all I can tell you 🙂

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise