Misfuel device

DrHoneyBEar

Feb 27, 2024
Does a 2019 Leon 1.6 TDI have a misfuel gadget , to prevent petrol being dumped into the tank rather than diesel? Or, do I need to buy one and If so what are the recommendations

Thank you

DrHoneyBEar

Feb 27, 2024
??? It's a serious question
I've just bought a Leon for my daughter. It arrives in a week. I have a few days to get a satnav update card and a misfuel device because she's done it before
If you want to be one cheeky of a rearend then don't bother but if you want to help, please do

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
??? It's a serious question
I've just bought a Leon for my daughter. It arrives in a week. I have a few days to get a satnav update card and a misfuel device because she's done it before
If you want to be one cheeky of a rearend then don't bother but if you want to help, please do
I have been driving for nearly 50 years and never heard of a "Misfuel device" yes I have heard of people putting the wrong fuel in, back in the day some garages used to put the fuel in for you and I have even seen an attendant put the wrong stuff in

DrHoneyBEar

Feb 27, 2024
You are not as experienced as you believe then

GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND!

I've been driving 45 years...you should give up 🙄😁

DrHoneyBEar

Feb 27, 2024
So, can anyone please advise if the 2019 Leon has a misfuel protection device. My A4 has but ..?

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
You are not as experienced as you believe then

GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND!

I've been driving 45 years...you should give up 🙄😁
Its not about being experienced, I have never put the wrong fuel in my vehicles and I have driven different ones but coming to something where you have to buy something to stop you !

DrHoneyBEar

Feb 27, 2024
ITS NOT FOR ME
ITS FOR A 17 YEAR OLD NEWLY PASSED DRIVER

jeez, never mind, thankyou and goodbye

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
You can buy stickers for the fuel flap with the appropriate fuel name in quite LARGE FONTS

Some cars did have some size differences to prevent missiles fuelling bit not heard of ow't to be retro fitted.

thespicemustflow

Feb 24, 2024
No, there isn't anything above the normal nozzle restrictor in the fuel filler neck which is easily bypassed if you force it.

As above, I'd suggest just getting a sticker made making it obvious it's a diesel. Maybe one in the dashboard cluster.

Or if it's a REAL issue and you don't want to risk it after its been done before, cancel your order and buy a petrol. Then it's basically impossible since a diesel pump generally won't fit in a petrol filler neck. Surely lightning can't strike twice?

Reactions: DrHoneyBEar

DrHoneyBEar

Feb 27, 2024
No, there isn't anything above the normal nozzle restrictor in the fuel filler neck which is easily bypassed if you force it.

As above, I'd suggest just getting a sticker made making it obvious it's a diesel. Maybe one in the dashboard cluster.

Or if it's a REAL issue and you don't want to risk it after its been done before, cancel your order and buy a petrol. Then it's basically impossible since a diesel pump generally won't fit in a petrol filler neck. Surely lightning can't strike twice?
Thankyou for the clarification.. just the reply I needed. I will buy a device that goes into the neck
👍

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.