Music From SD Card Or USB While Sat Nav From Bluetooth

Jacob23

Jul 14, 2018
Hi all.

This is my first post on here after buying a Seat Leon 2013 1.6 TDI [Technology Pack].

I love the idea that passengers can browse through the music and select what they like using the stereo, but if I use a USB for this then I can't get the sat nav sound (Google Maps or Waze) coming through the speakers (or at all). If a call comes in then it'll stop the music and take the call, but not the sound from the sat nav.

If I play the music from my phone to the car using bluetooth then it will stop the song and play the sat nav sounds through the speakers and then carry on with the song. However, the passenger can only skip forward and back and not browse through all of the music on my phone.

Has anyone found a work around for this?

Jacob23

Jul 14, 2018

I was really looking for a way to either get the Bluetooth notification sounds to interrupt the music from a USB, or a way to get the music from my phone connected via Bluetooth to display the media.

I'm a bit of a Waze snob and rely on the Google Calendar integrations, but it looks as though the newer TomTom units will do all of what Waze will do.I'm just not too keen on spending a few hundred quid and having an extra unit in my car.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Before iOS11 ruined it, I used to plug my phone in using true MDI port in the glovebox. Could get to all my tracks and text message notifications came through as well.

Sadly iOS 11 broke its ability to work with the MDI port :(

Jacob23

Jul 14, 2018
Yeah I have tried plugging my Android phone in using the cable in the glove box, but a message pops up saying that it is unable to see my media.

FRoSTy

Mar 26, 2016
I just use the option on Waze to play through my phone speakers. Calls still interupt fine, and I can listen to the radio. Phone is loud enough to hear over music.

Jacob23

Jul 14, 2018
I just use the option on Waze to play through my phone speakers. Calls still interupt fine, and I can listen to the radio. Phone is loud enough to hear over music.

Ahhh... Yeah I think that would be the easiest option. I'm not sure why I didn't think of that!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.