New Formentor VZ1 245

Nov 30, 2022
Hi I’m new on here after just taking delivery of my car two weeks ago. I waited 8 months for the car to arrive and was quite excited after chopping in my Merc A220D which was a great car. The Formentor appealed to me because of its looks and it’s performance, but in the short time I’ve had the car it’s already had its first visit to the garage with infotainment issues. They tried three software upgrades but the third failed, so the car is as it was before it went in. The garage are having to order an F5 unit associated with the infotainment screen but cannot tell me when this item will arrive apparently world shortage of associated computer chips? To be honest I’m not very happy, how can new cars roll off the production line to there new owners with these kinds of issues, it’s really not on. So I’m stuck with a car whose infotainment panel has a mind of its own, freezes, goes blank etc. Really don’t know what to do, so disappointed.

Railwayman

Jun 13, 2022
Lancashire
It is disappointing that they’re still releasing cars with infotainment faults. VAG have had bags of time to deal with this now and are really risking damaging all the brands in the group. I hope you do eventually get this sorted, as when they’re working well they’re great.

Nov 30, 2022
Totally agree it will damage their brand, nobody wants a new car with problems from the off. The Seat/Cupra garages are inundated with these warranty issues and do their best, I have even emailed the Uk CEO to voice my concerns, but I very much doubt I will get a reply. Fuming over the whole scenario really.

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Hi I’m new on here after just taking delivery of my car two weeks ago. I waited 8 months for the car to arrive and was quite excited after chopping in my Merc A220D which was a great car. The Formentor appealed to me because of its looks and it’s performance, but in the short time I’ve had the car it’s already had its first visit to the garage with infotainment issues. They tried three software upgrades but the third failed, so the car is as it was before it went in. The garage are having to order an F5 unit associated with the infotainment screen but cannot tell me when this item will arrive apparently world shortage of associated computer chips? To be honest I’m not very happy, how can new cars roll off the production line to there new owners with these kinds of issues, it’s really not on. So I’m stuck with a car whose infotainment panel has a mind of its own, freezes, goes blank etc. Really don’t know what to do, so disappointed.
Welcome to the forum, hope you get the car sorted soon. They are a great car and there are a lot of happy owners with no issues.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.