New member from Sweden, Hi All!

xeizo

Aug 17, 2021
I just found this forum, it says #1 Seat Cupra forum so I registered. I've never had a Seat, I've had Audi, Volkswagen, Peugeot, Honda and Volvo, now I drive Toyota. But I've ordered a Seat Leon Sports Wagon, soon to be made and due for delivery late this fall. Why? My current car is getting worn out on all fronts and is on the verge of becoming too costly and frustrating to keep running. My reasoning goes something like this:

I want large boot space, high mpg, good comfort, good safety and low emissions at a great price. I have no possibility to charge, a plug in or electric vehicle is out of the question, even if I really would want that. Maybe the next time. So why did I choose the Leon Sports Wagon?

1. It is lighter and has better aerodynamics than a small SUV, rendering lower emissions with the same engine, while at the same time, boot space is larger.
2. It has Mild Hybrid tech(eTSI), which should benefit mpg some, even if by a very small amount.
3. It is tested as a "more fun" to drive car by many reviewers, while at the same time using the solid Volkswagen Golf Mk 8 construction as the base.
4. The price is very competitive, Golf and Octavia are more expensive for in essential the same package.
5. I like the looks, nice curves and a classic look, there are plenty of ugly and strange looking competing vehicles. I want a car, not a Transformer movie character. And I don't like the current SUV trend. A lot of extra weight just for the looks, that's not great engineering. No pun intended for all the SUV lovers out there, it's just my personal stance.

I choose the smallest eTSI engine with the DSG7 gearbox, as I live in a large city and in essential will never be able to drive "sporty". The occasional trip to my cabin in the woods do not require a monster engine. It's mostly very busy traffic highway to get there. The three cylinder 110bHp eTSI engine is plenty fast for my personal needs, and in the end, it do have slightly lower emissions than any of the larger engines. Cylinder pausing while cruising and start/stop(using the mild hybrid tech) are features that will be beneficial under my driving conditions.

I went for the mostly base version, only with a little extra candy. I didn't want the FR sport suspension, as it is 1.5cm lower and I travel a few rough roads, using the same logic the standard 16" 205/55 alloy wheels are perfectly fine. I did get a wireless parking heater, 3-zone climate control with front arm rest, wireless connect, parking assist, front/back-radar, heated seats and steering wheel, dark tinted windows behind the B-pillar, digital instruments, the usual driving assist systems and some I don't remember. Fairly well specced for a "the lowest" version. To my satisfaction I will get the basic 8" media panel, featuring two physical knobs, the touch controls looks very fiddly and I rather stay away. To keep the lowest possible cost, the only "free" color in my country is Pure Red, so Pure Red it is. I've never had a red car, but I think I will love it :)

I read the only known changes for the 2022 model are a new rear view mirror(I have the automatic one) and new controls for the third climate zone, I suppose that is what I will get as my car hasn't been built yet. Now I just have to wait for the good folks in Barcelona to build my car. Any thought on my car choice are appreciated, I will start browsing the forums as this site is a complete new for me. Any wonderful person reading this, have a great day! Greetings from Sweden :)

Reactions: Syphon

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Hi! That's right the original and number 1 community, all thanks to members like you. :cool: (y)

Glad you found us. Thanks for telling us about your car and your reasons for choosing it. Enjoy the excitement of the first drive when it arrives!

Cheers,

Scott

Reactions: xeizo

xeizo

Aug 17, 2021
Ja, verkligen tack! Får se hur länge jag får vänta, det är en förbeställd kampanjbil så jag bör inte vara sist i kön men många bilfabriker står ju delvis stilla nu. Som tur är fungerar min gamla bil fortfarande bra, men den är just det väldigt gammal :)

xeizo

Aug 17, 2021
I changed the color from Pure Red to Magnetic Tech Metallic, in the end I think the car looks better in "grey". Production is now scheduled for week 38, if there are enough semiconductors I suppose.