New owner general help

Jammers

Jan 3, 2023
Hi all,

Took ownership of a 2 year old SE Dynamic with 7000 miles on the clock today replacing a Vauxhall Astra Elite Nav 1.4 Turbo. Seems like a good car, liking the start stop, the wireless Apple Car Play. It is a shame the SE Dynamic doesn't have smart LED daylight running lights or the red strip light across the back - seems a bit stingy. Am missing the heated seats and steering wheel but I knew that and car prices are such at the moment that can't really afford a spec of anything that has them these days.

I have a couple of questions I am hoping people can help me with:
1. In the infotainment system there is a setting called Light Assistance and it can be set to early, medium or late - any idea what this does as I can't figure it out haha.
2. Can I set it up so the lights come on automatically front and rear when I unlock the car - this was a standard feature on my Astra and my previous Corsa.
3. In the driver display what does the road display do on the left hand side either inside the rev counter or as a stand alone display - I can't figure it out.

Thanks a lot.

SamuelDonuts

Jan 6, 2017
Midlands
1. How dark it gets before the auto lights activate. Early = a dull day and they will turn on, late = dusk/darkness.
2. If it is a feature on the none-LED lights, then yes. If you have the feature, on the infotainement press the car icon and i believe "settings" on the left bar. Swipe the car round until you find "comfort light" and you can enable it/set the length of time for them to stay on.
3. I think what you're describing is the active lane assist. At speed it will show the lane lines in relation to your virtual car, giving you an idea if you are in the correct position or not, or deviating.

Glad you like the wireless CarPlay.... never been able to get mine working without the cable, although saying that if I'm using CarPlay I'd rather it be charging anyway to save battery.

andycalvia

Oct 20, 2004
Ayrshire
Glad you like the wireless CarPlay.... never been able to get mine working without the cable, although saying that if I'm using CarPlay I'd rather it be charging anyway to save battery.

Are you using Android Auto?

If so I think the issue is with the phone itself instead of the infotainment system.

I had an Oppo A5 and it never worked. Upgraded it to a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra and it works perfectly.

I still had the Oppo for a while and tried it again to see if it was maybe just a coincidence but alas, it still didn't work.

SamuelDonuts

Jan 6, 2017
Midlands
Are you using Android Auto?

If so I think the issue is with the phone itself instead of the infotainment system.

I had an Oppo A5 and it never worked. Upgraded it to a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra and it works perfectly.

I still had the Oppo for a while and tried it again to see if it was maybe just a coincidence but alas, it still didn't work.

Funnily enough, I've managed to get it to work a couple days ago. Took me about half an hour on a longer drive whilst I was bored but it basically needed me to forget the car on my phone and then re-pair through the car's WiFi hotspot, now the wireless CarPlay works perfectly whenever the car starts it immediately connects. I'm using iPhone.