Oil pressure light coming on but it doesn’t stay on

leontsibob

Feb 6, 2014
Buckinghamshire
Hi everyone, the last 2 mornings when I go to work I get a minute into my drive and the oil pressure light flashes and beeps but goes off after about a minute, it doesn’t stay on, I have checked the oil and their is plenty in it. I have also checked for codes but seem to be none. I am bit lost, I park on a hill facing upwards don’t know if that has any thing to do with it but doesn’t do it on flat ground

Anyone else had problems

Thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
You need to take off the sump and check the oil pick up pipe chances are it’s getting blocked when the oil is a certain viscosity when cold. Has it got the correct oil in it?

Reactions: mty12345

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Yeah it’s coming up for a service, it’s. 1.4 tsi 122bhp if that’s any help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lots of people have had these engines destroy themselves through oil pressure issues. Even 1 or 2 seconds without the right oil pressure will quickly cause damage if it happens repeatedly. I agree with 300bhp, get the sump dropped and the pick up checked and replaced ASAP. As he said the chances are it's partially blocked and the colder thicker oil is struggling to get through it.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I wouldn't drive it until you have changed the pick up pipe as has been mentioned.

Engine death imminant without action

Elmano

Jun 19, 2023
Hi,,, the post has some time ago.
Some of you know wheres Located the engine oil switch (sensor) , in the 1.4 TSi BocaNegra ( cupra) 180h.p. from year 2010 ??
20230625_161331.jpg

Jul 3, 2023
Could be timing chain needing replacing, chain skipping a tooth on the mechanism system. At least that was it for me.

Elmano

Jun 19, 2023
Hi,, i mabe dont make me understand.. I would like to know where i Look for the engine oil switch pressure?
Everything its ok with my engine.

I just would like to add a Beep 12v I do have, to the ignition, for beep when theres no oil pressure, or when the engine goes down,,, after engine is on, the beep must stop.

Have done it before many years ago, I made a connection with a buzzer do the oil pressure switch engine, so when i turn on the key it starts the beep alarm, when the engine start runing the beep stops. Did it in an Peugeot 306 many ago.

Now in this engine I dont know how do same? Hope I made me understand, can Anyone help?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.