Phone not supported by Full Link

Aug 2, 2023
Hello friends.
I apologize for creating a new topic, however I tried to find a solution for my problem to no vain.
I own 2016 (2015 manufacturing i guess) Leon Cupra. Bought it second hand . Full LInk is activated but I cannot connect my phone.

I connect it via cable.
Phone says "connected via android auto".
I locate the phone in the list and try to connect to it.
I get "Connection not possible, check if your device is not blocked"
Then the system tries to connct to Mirror link and says "Unable to connect, Mirror Link most likely does not support your device. Please try again"

The translations are rough but you get the idea.

I have Xiaomi 11T pro. I think full link does not support it. Do you think update would help and if so, can you point me to a comprehensive guide? Thank you very much!

Have a great day.
1690965211449.png
1690965229897.png
1690965254598.png
1690965288978.png
1690965306913.png
1690965336986.png
1690965356308.png

shotgunnoob

Oct 19, 2022
Nuneaton
Is the phone unlocked when you connect it? I assume you have tried rebooting the phone, rebooting the MIB? Sounds like it could be that your mobile device isn't supported.

Aug 2, 2023
Is the phone unlocked when you connect it? I assume you have tried rebooting the phone, rebooting the MIB? Sounds like it could be that your mobile device isn't supported.
Yes, its unlocked. And no, I have not tried rebooting MIB, how do I do that if I may ask?

'Little' John

Oct 12, 2018
I have a Xiaomi 9T Pro which quite happily connects using Full Link in my 2019 Cupra Ateca, so I would have thought that the 11T Pro should be compatible.

Aug 2, 2023
I tried different phones and Xiaomi Note 8 and Samsung A23 work just fine (apart from the usual Full link crashing while driving). So I assume I need to update Infotainment version. Is there a way to do it by myself or do I have to ask an authorised service? Thank you

Tell

Staff member
From the software release yours could be a candidate for a software update. You have a mib2 standard. You have to keep within train. You are on the 2 train. You cant / not recommended to go above that. The software thread is here:

The mibsolution website contains the firmware releases in the public domain. The ones that end with T are generally the original ones. Does contain ones that have been edited. You can kill your unit if you get it wrong.

253T would be the update

guest guest

I'd study the post on there. Ask questions on there. Important you keep the engine running during the update or battery charger on. Any failure in the power will suspend the update and probably lock you out.

You can buy the updates form East Yorkshire Retrofits online and they have PDFs on the process.