Rear locks / boot issue Mk 3 FR

mrdunkleysexy

Dec 12, 2009
Rear doors/boot central locking issues.

Morning

Some advise would be appreciated.

Had issues my both my rear doors not looking in the new year coinciding with the petrol cap & rear boot failing.

I knew the petrol cap lock was on its way out as it had been an issue for a good 12 months.

My mechanic (who has dealt with many Seat/VAG issues replaced the petrol actuator, boot look mechanism and both rear door actuators.

Every was fine for a week. Every locked and opened fine but now back to square one. Rear doors don't lock, auto central locking won't engage when you drive over 10mph. You just hear lock trying to engage. Boot won't open either.

All parts were brought from TPS new. Mechanic checked everything including relays /fuses/looms in the door/car battery and no issues so feels I need to goto a auto electrician to find what the issue is.

Ironically this fault seems to mess with my wipers too, water won't come on the screen when I engaged front wipers which engage the rear wipers too so I'm baffled.

mrdunkleysexy

Dec 12, 2009
Hi mate,

I dont have a scan tool mate but an auto electrician has diagnosed the fault:-

central electric control module

TPS quoting £470+ VAT

Its 2013 Mk 3 so i will probably look one 2nd hand as im only keeping the car about another year

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Hi mate,

I dont have a scan tool mate but an auto electrician has diagnosed the fault:-

central electric control module

TPS quoting £470+ VAT

Its 2013 Mk 3 so i will probably look one 2nd hand as im only keeping the car about another year
Might be wrong but if you buy a second hand BCM You will then have to pay somebody to code it to your car as it will have to be coded to your car.

mrdunkleysexy

Dec 12, 2009
Hiya mate, I've read a few horror stories of people buying them second hand and having issues after a few months so I think im going to get the auto electrician to order one new from TPS at least its new and guaranteed and he will code it too. Hard pill to swallow but these things happen I guess.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Hiya mate, I've read a few horror stories of people buying them second hand and having issues after a few months so I think im going to get the auto electrician to order one new from TPS at least its new and guaranteed and he will code it too. Hard pill to swallow but these things happen I guess.
Afraid so, as cars get more tech then the cost of repairs goes up - one of the reasons that insurance rates have gone up so much.

Reactions: mrdunkleysexy
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.