Repairing ABS sensor harness

Nov 5, 2022
Hi :wave:

I have the 3 lights on my dash - ESP, TPS and ABS - suspected faulty ABS wiring. Has had a new wheel bearing and sensor plus sensor plug recently.

ABS:
00283 - Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor (G47

I found a break in the wiring after the sensor and it looks like one of the two wires is bad. It's black all the way up into the wheel arch wall. Took off the battery and tray and it looks like the wire goes into another big harness wrapped in lots and lots of tape and goes all over the place.

Harness is this: 1k0927903

Do I really have to cut into these harnesses to find where the wire stops being bad? It seems like a massive amount of work! Any advice or tips for repairing this?

2007 Leon FR

Last edited:

t0m_t0m

Aug 9, 2020
Hull
i repaired mine a few years back, previous owner had a bodge repair done on the broken cable near to the hub, they didn't seal the repair properly so it had water ingress and the cable corroded. i traced the wire back a short distance from the plug but still near the hub and cut it, got lucky as cable was nice and tidy. bought a new plug itself with pins from ebay and soldered a new section of cable in, ensured the cable was the same gauge as original as i didn't want any issues with resistance raising their ugly heads, sealed it with a few different thicknesses of heat shrink, been fine since.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members