Same retailer, same tyre, different prices?

Joe0

Jun 27, 2020
I am looking for new rear tyres for my Cupra Leon ST and somewhat confused
I need ContiSportContact 5p 235/35/R19 91Y, to match current tyres.
So far so , so good

Multiple sites show the same tyre with different prices
For example, national.co.uk show a 235/35/r19 91y for £161.99 and a 235/35/r19 91y for £193.99, and several different prices in between.
Multiple sites show similar, same tyre spec and different prices.
Seems to be a thing.

Can anybody, please cast any light?

Joseph

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Hi Joseph, it does look strange that!

At first I thought it might be for different car manufacturers, but couldn't understand why.

I wonder if it's the tyre manufacturing date, the older the date stamp the cheaper? I dunno tbh but you could contact them and ask.

Dave

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
A few years ago I was looking for tyres and noticed the same thing. I think it was MyTyres. Same tyre, two different prices. I had both pages open at once and checked the spec carefully. Placed an order from the cheaper page and... the tyres turned up. Doesn't answer the question of why this happens but it does.

The only other thing is to check the spec as there might be differences, like XL tyres or runflat.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
When I spoke to my local Tyre place they said the tyres I was after would be more expensive than I could buy from other places because they were a small retail unit and did not sell many of this make so I am guessing that the more tyres you sell of a certain make/model the bigger the discount that you can pass on to customers.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I always shop around and, while on line is usually cheaper, sometimes my local tyre place is. It's also easy to forget the price of fitting and balancing when buying on line.

jt20vt

Sep 17, 2010
I am looking for new rear tyres for my Cupra Leon ST and somewhat confused
I need ContiSportContact 5p 235/35/R19 91Y, to match current tyres.
So far so , so good

Multiple sites show the same tyre with different prices
For example, national.co.uk show a 235/35/r19 91y for £161.99 and a 235/35/r19 91y for £193.99, and several different prices in between.
Multiple sites show similar, same tyre spec and different prices.
Seems to be a thing.

Can anybody, please cast any light?

Joseph
If the tyre is recommended for a particular manufacturer then they will charge a premium over the standard version. The tyre may operate better during testing for the manufacturer version. Tyre reviews did a vid on this last year or earlier this year on their youtube channel.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.