Seat Leon Boot Lid swap

Aug 5, 2023
Hi guys… hope you’re all well! Just wondering if anyone could help me with the situation I’m in. I’ve got a mk2 Leon Fr which is a pre-facelift and I’ve got a boot lid which is off a mk2 facelift.. the wiring seems like it won’t feed thru the boot lid? Do I have to get a new set off wiring for it ti be sorted or is there a another way of doing it? Thank you in advance!

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Its a while since I had my Mk2, But isn't the boot a different shape? I know it had different shaped lights and a bigger glass area, but wasn't sure if there were other things that would prevent a swap...

Aug 5, 2023
Erm don’t think it’s a different shape but only things noticeable is the lights on the boot lid that are clearly different? When feeding the wiring through the whole it seems to get stuck right away like it has no where to go apart from the opposite direction

Jul 12, 2023
Erm don’t think it’s a different shape but only things noticeable is the lights on the boot lid that are clearly different? When feeding the wiring through the whole it seems to get stuck right away like it has no where to go apart from the opposite direction
It seems like a lot of work, I bought a 09 leon and it came with the boot with full glass from the previous owner, Reverse light wasn't working so i decided to look at the wiring and oh lord i nearly died. Some mad bypassing going on. Not worth the hassle unless you fully understand the wiring.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.